Chapter 44

Once Kamari and Quinton got to her apartment. They started talking about Kamari's suggestion on breaking up.

"Quinton, I just feel like it's no need to even come here", Kamari said. "I said what I said and I've been thinking about it all day and I meant it"

Quinton put his hands on her waist.

"Come on baby, let's not do this", Quinton said.

"Q-"

Quinton cut her off with a kiss.

Kamari pushed him a little.

"Stop", Kamari said.

"Stop playing", he said before he touched her waist again and leaned in for a kiss.

Kamari pushed again.

"Q, stop!", Kamari shouted.

Quinton pushed her, causing her to fall.

"Stop pushing me", he said.

Kamari looked at him.

"You caused that on yourself. You put your hands on me first", Quinton said.

Kamari stood up.

"Leave before I call the police", Kamari said.

"You know what, I'll go. Fine. I'll give you some space to chill the fuck out", Quinton said.

"Chill out? Q, how can you not see where I'm coming from", Kamari asked.

"You're leaving me because I'm trying to work on my flaws? I'm sorry I got a jealousy trait Iight. I can't help it but at the same time I'm working on it", Quinton said. "Cut me some slack. I told you I was sorry and I meant it"

"It's not just about that. It's the about- about how you are gradually getting back into your ways", Kamari said.

"What ways?", Quinton asked.

Kamari looked down.

"I told you I'm not going to hit you. I'm different. I'm trying to be different. That's not me anymore", Quinton said. "Kamari I love you. You mean a lot to me and I wanna be with you for the rest of my life. You make me happier than anybody I have ever been with. I get it, I'm complicated to be with. But just give me some time to get right. I've improved a lot. You don't know it but I have and part of that reason is because of you"

Kamari massaged her temples. She was getting really emotional at the moment because she didn't know what she wanted to do.

"...you know what...I'll just give you some space tonight", Quinton said.

"Space until I'm ready to make a final decision Q", Kamari said.

Quinton nods.

"I love you", he said.

Kamari looked down.

"I love you too, Q. But love isn't going to make me stay with you. That's where I went wrong in my first relationship", Kamari said.

"But you are going to give it some more thought right?", Quinton asked. "Please"

"...yea", Kamari replied.

"...goodnight". Quinton said.

"Goodnight", Kamari replied.