Chapter 24

Quinton laid Kamari on the bed.

He hover over her and started kissing her but he could tell something was up with her so he stopped and looked at her.

"You alright?", Quinton asked.

"Yea. Why do you ask?", Kamari asked.

"No offense but you usually give me kisses better than that", he said.

"I'm fine. Really", Kamari said as she touched his cheeks. "Now take your clothes off"

Quinton sighed and laid next to her.

"Usually I wouldve just did what you just said but if you have something on your mind then I already know we are going to enjoy this", Quinton said.

Kamari sat up.

"Okay", she said. "...well...I'm a little embarrassed to talk about it"

"No judgement here", Quinton said.

Kamari looked down.

"Do you really love me?", Kamari asked.

"...that's what you're thinking about?", Quinton asked.

Kamari looked at him.

Quinton sat up.

"I had a feelings that would probably run you off", Quinton said.

"No, no. I don't wanna end things between us. I actually love where this is going", Kamari said.

"So what's up?", Quinton asked.

"I'm just scared", Kamari said. "I just...I remember the last time someone told me that and things didn't-"

"I'm going to stop you right there Mari", Quinton said. "This is a different relationship alright? Many people break up because they start to compare their current relationship with their past-"

"I'm not comparing. I'm just saying that, those words trigger something in me. It's like those words are just lies to me", Kamari said.

"Not to me. I don't say those three words to anyone unless I mean it. And before you, I've only said it to one girl", Quinton said. "Like I told you before. I'm straightforward and I'm honest. Lying only gets you caught up because you have to remember lie after lie and my memory isn't all that good sometimes"

Kamari smiled.

"I'm sorry I'm scared you. I know that now probably wasn't the time to tell you how I feel but my mom always taught me that if you wait to say or do something, you may never have the chance to do it again", he said.

"...I can't say it back right now", she said.

"Like I said before, it's alright", he said.

Quinton put his arm around her waist and started kissing her neck.

"Are you alright now?", he asked in between kisses.

"Well now that you're doing that I suppose so", Kamari said.

Quinton took his shirt off.

"And this time, don't pull on my dreads. It low key hurt", he said.

"I'm sorry", Kamari replied.