Chapter 5

Thursday came and Kamari showed up at the corporation.

Kamari walked up to an assistant. "Hey, I'm here to meet with Kevin", she said.

"Do you have an appointment", she asked as she typed on the computer, not looking at Kamari.

"Um, I guess. He just told me to at 12:30. My name is Kamari", Kamari said.

The woman looked at Kamari. "Oh, you", she said with a smile. "I'm Bailey. He's in a meeting with that cute guy, QC"

"Okay", Kamari said.

"You can have a seat over there", Bailey said.

Kamari walked to the couch and she was about to sit down but she saw and heard Kevin and Quinton coming out of the office.

"I'll see you later", Kevin said.

"Alright", Quinton said. "Thank you again"

"Can't let talent go to waste", Kevin said.

"You got that right", Quinton said.

Kevin looked at Kamari. "Ah, Kamari", he said. "Right on time. I like that"

"Yes", Kamari said with a smile.

"Come on in", Kevin said as he walked into the office.

Quinton looked at Kamari. "Dont forget to negotiate", he said.

Kamari looked at him.

"Just saying", he said.

"...thanks", she said as she walked pasted him.

Kamari and Kevin were talking about her contact and like Quinton said she negotiated until she got what she felt she was worth. When they came to an agreement, Kamari signed the papers.

"Fantastic", Kevin said. "I just have more request but you don't have to do it"

"Okay. What?", Kamari asked.

"I want you and QC to work on a song for your first single", Kevin said. "I feel like you two together will be great hit. Especially, if you wanna be seen"

"...I mean, I guess that's okay but I also don't wanna be tied to him. I wanna be known because of me", she said.

"It will be your song. He's going to feature in it", Kevin said.

"...Okay, alright. Alright", Kamari said. "I guess it's up to him"

"He already agreed. He was actually wanting to work with you", Kevin said.

"Really?", Kamari asked.

"Really. Besides, the vibe the both of you give fit well together", Kevin said.

Kamari nods.

"I'll need a song in a week so work on that", Kevin said as he stood up. "I'm sure it will be good"

"It'll be great", Kamari replied as she got up and walked out of the office with Kevin.

She saw Quinton sitting down.

"I guess you guys will get to it. I'll send your money to your account tomorrow", Kevin said before he walked away.

Quinton stood up and Kamari walked to him.

"I wouldn't be surprised if this was your idea", Kamari said.

Quinton put his hands up. "No. All his idea", he said before he put his hands down. "But it ain't a bad idea", he said with a smirk as he rubbed his hands together.