chapter 1

KAMARI IS GOING TO INTRODUCE HERSELF AND SOME OTHER CHARACTERS IN HER POINT OF VIEW IN THIS FIRST CHAPTER AND THEN THE STORY WILL BE IN THIRD PERSON.

KAMARI POV.
KAMARI LAWRENCE  (MAIN CHARACTER)

Hey, I'm Kamari but I go by Mari for short

Hey, I'm Kamari but I go by Mari for short. I live in Atlanta, Georgia and I'm 20 years old and all I ever wanted to do in life was the things that I loved, which was singing and dancing. As of right now, I go to dance classes for fun and on my own time I make music. I also perform at small events and clubs when I get gigs. Other than that I work your average job, sometimes it feels like I get a new job every six months. I don't know why, but it's like something always has to irritate, so I go on to the next. Right now, I'm working at Walmart. Other than that, I do hair on the side. Box braids, Sew-ins, lace fronts, you name it. I do it all for a price. Growing up, I didn't have it all, especially after my dad passed away. But my mom worked really hard for what my siblings and I did have, so I just wanna repay her one day by getting some big record deal one day. But who knows, maybe I'll just be going from job to job and doing hair on the side for the rest of my life. But back to the topics of siblings, I have 3 and I am the last and only girl of all them.

Currently, I'm in the shower and singing as I always do while I'm in there. I was working on another song, so I was coming up with a hook.

"I am in love with you, you set me free, I can do this thing called life without you hear with me, cause I'm dangerously in love with you. I'll never-"

Suddenly, it was a loud knock on the bathroom door.

"Ugh", I say in frustration. "What!?"

"I have to pee. Damn, you been in here for like 30 minutes. I know you was stank but god damn", my brother said on the other end of the door.

By his voice, I knew it was Justin.

JUSTIN LAWRENCE