Chapter 3

The next morning Kamari kept thinking about Kevin and wondering if he was even going to be interested.

Kamari was currently making breakfast for herself. That's when her mom came into the kitchen.

"You're up earlier than usually", her mom said.

"Yea. I signed up for a 10 a.m. dance class since I have work later on", Kamari said.

"How was the performance last night?", her mom asked with a smile.

"It was great. Better than I thought", Kamari said.

"I told Xavier to record it for me but you know him. He's so forgetful", her mom said. "I should've asked Justin"

Kamari smiles. She didn't mention the fact about Kevin because she didn't wanna get someone hopes up, including her own.

"Yea. That's Xavier for you", Kamari said.

"Parker was here yesterday tryna talk to me", her mom said. "I love all of children but I told him if he's going to do that, I will not and cannot allow him in my house"

"Yea but that's thing. We all know Parker is hardheaded", Kamari said.

Her mom shook her head.

Kamari fixed her plate and sat down at the table.

Her mom walked up to Kamari.

"Listen baby, I know that you wanna make it big one day and I promise a have and will always support you when it comes to her dreams but...I think it's time you though of a plan B. For safety precautions", her mom said.

"Mom, I'm going to be a singer", Kamari said. "No matter what it takes"

"And I believe you should be too, but ...baby I just want the best for you. I don't want you to be stuck on just one thing and miss on the many options you have in life", her mom said.

Kamari looked at the table. "...growing up dad told up we could be whatever we want to me...so me, since I was so into princesses, magic and just make believe in general. He put a spell on me so that I will be a famous singer when I grew up. At the time I believe it of course, I didn't think it was fake. But now, even though I know that magic isn't true, I still believe in that particular one...why? Because dad taught us to always believe in ourselves and never give up...lately I think my problem has been doubt. Therefore, I'm not seeing the results and making the music I want", Kamari said.

Her mom smiled a little. "Okay, baby", she said. "I have to go to work, okay?"

"Okay", Kamari said.

Her mom left.

Kamari started eating and finished her food and left for the dance class in an Uber.

———

At the dance class that Kamari went to. She basically knew most people that went there. She had the two people that she would always talk to. They were twins. They names were Faith and Hope.

FAITH AND HOPE SCOTT