Chapter 31

Another week had past it was the night of an award show and Kamari and Quinton were both nominated for a new artist award and their song was nominated for best song of the year. Kamari's manager and Quinton's manage thought that it would be best for them to go to the award show together but Kamari decided not to. It was the second time that people assumed that him and symone had something going on and she didn't wanna look stupid to the whole world.

As Kamari was posing for pictures, she saw that Quinton was making his way on the carpet but other photographers calling his name.

Kamari continued to walk and was stopped by one of the interviewers.

"Don't you look gorgeous", she said.

"Thank you so much", Kamari said. "This dress was actually designed by a personal designer of mine that I was introduced to recently"

"Well you look amazing", she said. "How does it feel to be nominated for two awards tonight?"

"Grateful. It's crazy how much you can accomplish once you put your mind to it. Even if I win the awards or not, I'm just appreciative that my hard work was noticed", Kamari said.

"So you are as humble as they say", she replied. "I love it"

Kamari smiled.

"One last question. How come I'm not seeing the most perfect couple together this evening?", she asked.

Quinton came up and put his hand on Kamari's waist.

"I was running a little late", he said.

"Oh. Well it's good that you're hear. This beautiful woman needs an escort", she said.

Kamari looked at Quinton and Quinton looked at her.

"I guess it's good that I got here as soon as possible", Quinton said as he looked her up and down. "And yes she does look beautiful"

"Girl, if I can a dollar for every time a man looked at me like that, I'd be broke", she said with a chuckle. "One day though. But you guys enjoy your evening"

"Same to you", Kamari said.

Kamari and Quinton started walking away.

"Oh..so you're hardheaded and you just made her think that we're still together when we aren't", Kamari said.

"Maybe because we should work on that", Quinton said.

"It's been two weeks Quinton. It's nothing to work on. You're done, I'm done", Kamari said.

"Are you really? Because I mean like let's be real, you didn't even flinch when I touched. You wanted that", Quinton said.

"I didn't wanna embarrass you. Kinda like how you did me with symone", Kamari said.

"I knew you saw it. If you asked me about it, you'd know that nothing happened. I kicked her out of my section. I did my talking shitting than I did talking nice", Quinton said.

Kamari smiles and waves at the people saying hello to him. Quinton waved as well once he stopped talking.

"We will be seen together tonight and that's only because of business. Tomorrow, I will be making it known that we are broken up", Kamari said.

"What's the point of doing that when we're just going to get back together?",'he asked. "I may have been the one to walk out but we both discussed breaking up. Not just me"

Kamari rolled her eyes.

"I was upset...but you proved to me that I was just overreacting because you've been doing your own thing, even though we've been single. You don't really want him. I just think that, that night our heads weren't in it. I also think that we need to help each other work on flaws", he said.

"Quinton we both have trust issues-"

"Can you please stop calling me Quinton? You haven't called me that in months", he said.

Kamari rolled her eyes. "Quinton, we both have trust issues. How do you expect each other to help each other when we have the same problem?", Kamari said.

"...by showing loyalty", Quinton said.

Kamari stopped walking and looked at him.

"...before I move forward with anything, I need to know something", Kamari said.

"What?", Quinton asked.

"Have you ever hit a female?", Kamari asked.

"How told you that?", Quinton asked.

"Just answer the question", Kamari said.

"...yes. I have", Quinton said.

Kamari shook her head as she looked away.

"But that's not me anymore", Quinton said.

Kamari looked at him.

"I swear", Quinton said.

Kamari continued to walk.

Quinton sighed. He got a little frustrated because he knew exactly who told her that.

Quinton caught up with her and walked with her. For the remainder of the show, they acted like a couple.

Quinton won the award for best new artist and the both won the award for song of the year for that song Kamari did and Quinton featured in.

TO BE CONTINUED...