Chapter 35

"You must be Kamari", Quinton's mom said as she looked her up and down.

"Yes. It's nice to meet you", Kamari said.

Quinton's mom looked at him.

"She looks better than the last one", Quinton's mom said.

Quinton started laughing.

"But it's nice to meet you too sweetie. Make yourself at home", she said before she walked away.

"I like her already", Kamari said.

"Yea, that's my mom. Blunt as hell", Quinton said. "But honest that's all of my family"

Kamari smiled.

"My family is kind of like that. Not so much my mom and Justin. But Xavier and Parker are", Kamari said.

"Yea, I kind of noticed that", Quinton replied.

"...don't think that I'm not still upset with you", Kamari said.

"Yea...I know I'm not going to get left off easy but at the end of the day you ain't going nowhere", he said.

"What makes you think that?", Kamari said.

"Based off of the facts, I didn't entertain her. I actually told her to leave me alone. And it was kind of good for me not to tell you because I know how you are with drama. You wanna stay out of it", Quinton said.

Kamari rolled her eyes and looked away.

"I'm right though", Quinton said with a smirk.

Kamari looked at him.

"I'm finally seeing your cocky neediness up close and personal", Kamari said.

"It's not cockiness. It's confident. I'm confident in us and I know that I'm treating in every good way as possible", Quinton said.

"You have, that's true", Kamari said.

"But everybody keeps some kind of little secret every once in a while. We're all human", Quinton said. "My secret didn't disrespect you, it actually respected you"

Kamari folded her arms.

"I'm not ole boy", Quinton said.

"Alright. Alright", Kamari said. "You're back on my good side because you made some good points"

"No, I'm on your good side because you can't stay mad at me and you love me", Quinton said before he kissed her.

Kamari kissed him back.

"Just be careful with that girl. She seems like the type of girl that would try to ruin you", Kamari said.

"...Come on. Let's go meet some more of my people", Quinton said as he put his arm around her.

Kamari started walking with Quinton.

————

After leaving his mom's house, Quinton pulled up to Kamari's house.

"You sure you don't need me to stay?", Quinton asked.

"I'm sure", Kamari said before he kissed her. "I have a tour to rehearse for"

"Oh yea. When is that again? In like a week?", Quinton asked.

"A couple of days actually", Kamari said.

"Damn. Sooner than I thought", Quinton said.

"Yea and you better be good", she said.

"I will be on my best behavior", he replied. "And I'm sure you will too. If not, we're going to have to have some problems"