Chapter 26

Later that night when Kamari got home after seeing and talking to Parker. She got a couple of calls from Quinton and decided to finally call him back.

"Hey, everything alright?", Quinton asked.

"He got shot but he'll live", Kamari said.

"That's good", Quinton replied.

"Yea. I was a little worried", Kamari said. "But I am super tired. I guess from all of the crying"

"Well I hope that you get all of your rest because tomorrow I wanna take you out for lunch", Quinton said.

"I can't. I have rehearsal tomorrow", Kamari said.

"Alright dinner?", Quinton asked.

"I believe that sounds great. Hopefully nothing comes up", she replied.

"Yea hopefully. Well, I'm going to let you get your rest. I'll talk to you when you're free", he said.

"Okay. Talk to you then", she said.

"Goodnight", he said.

"Goodnight", she replied.

Quinton hung up and Kamari put her phone down and let out a deep breath then walked into her room.

———

The following afternoon, Kamari went to rehearsal. Before rehearsal, her and the twins talked like usual while they stretched.

"We all know something if wrong with you. You're zoning out again", Hope said.

"Is this about Parker?", Faith asked.

"Yea...and something else", Kamari said.

"Something else? Or someone else?", Faith asked.

Kamari looked at her.

"We know about Malik too", Faith said.

"...I went to go see him last night and well...yea he got shot but his mom also died", Kamari said.

"Dang", Faith said.

"I know he must feel really bad right now", Hope said.

"He does... and I feel really bad for him", Kamari said.

Faith and Hope look at each other.

"So...I told him that I'd help me out a little until he heals", Kamari said.

"See I saw that shit coming. Mari do not let that boy manipulated you again", Faith said.

"I am just helping him out Faith. Not dating him", Kamari said.

"Where is Ciara or Shay or any of the other bitches he was messing with? Let them help his ass", Faith said. "He didn't help you, he broke you"

"He might have broke my heart and made it hard for me to love someone that is so good to me because I think it's too good to be true but honestly, if it wasn't for Malik, I wouldn't be where I am today. He helped me out a lot", Kamari said.

"Well at least he did something good in the relationship", Faith said.

"Hope help me out here", Kamari said.

"...I don't know. I kinda agree with my sister", Hope said. "Not to be selfish but to protect your heart. I don't want you to yourself in a situation where things don't go as planned"

Kamari sighed.

"Quinton know?", Faith asked.

"No...I don't know if I should tell him", Kamari said.