Chapter 47

The following morning, Kamari was eating breakfast when her mom came downstairs.

"I cooked if you want some", Kamari said.

"Smell good. I'll get some in a few", her mom said as she sat next to Kamari. "I wanna talk to you first"

"I'm guessing you talked to Justin", Kamari said.

"Yea. I did. He told me he had to come get you from Q's house last night. What happened?", her mom asked.

"I just...I just realized that sometimes it takes time for you to see who a person truly is", Kamari said.

Her mom sighs.

"But I'm okay", Kamari said.

"Are you really? Because this morning I heard you on the phone with the abortion clinic", she said.

Kamari looked down.

"I guess you forgot I don't miss anything in this house", her mom said.

Kamari smiled.

"Yea, you don't", Kamari said.

"...you sure you wanna get an abortion?", her mom asked. "I get if you and Quinton aren't working out but...I know that getting an abortion can put an emotional toll on you"

"I just...I just think it's best. Not because of me or Quinton or career but...for myself. I'm not ready...he's not ready", she said.

"Quinton wants you to get an abortion?", her mom asked.

"No. He didn't tell me to. It's just something I wanna do. I've been thinking about it for a week now. Justin is going to take me today", she said.

Her mom nods.

"Okay. Do what you have to do", her mom said. "I'm always here for you"

"Thanks", Kamari said softly.

"...even though it's your decision, you should at least let Quinton know", her mom said before she got up to fix herself a plate.

Kamari looked down.

Last night she had to hide alerts from Quinton's texts because he was texting her nonstop. He was also calling her too so ended up blocking him. Her mom was right about tell Quinton about the abortion but at the same time Kamari just didn't want anything to do with him, that included a baby from him. She wanted him out of her life. Her personal life at least.

Kamari finished eating her food and talking with her mom.

———

(LATER THAT DAY)

"Damn sis. I still can't believe you ain't tell me you was pregnant", Justin said.

"...yea well Xavier and Parker don't know either", Kamari said. "Let's keep it that way"

"...how you feeling after the abortion?", Justin asked.

"Sad. I thought I'd feel okay about it but...I don't", Kamari said.

Justin didn't say anything. He didn't know what to say.

"But it's okay. I rather wait until I'm ready anyway", Kamari replied.

"Just know that I'm hear for you if you need me", Justin said.

"Thanks but it's not like you've been through it so I know you wouldn't know what to say", Kamari said.

"It's not about what I say, it's about having someone to talk to about it", justin said. "I don't have to say anything, I just need to listen"

Kamari nods as she smiles.