Chapter 23

When Kamari left the studio she went back to her apartment. She had been thinking about how Quinton was acting with her today as she watched a movie. She was so tired of arguing from her last relationship that she just walked away before anything escalated.

Eventually, she got a call from him so she answered.

"Hello?", Kamari said.

"Hey, what you doing?", he asked.

"Nothing much. Just thinking about your attitude today", Kamari said.

"...was he there?", he asked.

"What?", Kamari asked.

"Was your ex at his mom's house", he asked.

"No", Kamari asked. "Is that why you were acting like that?"

"No...I mean like here's the thing. I like you Mari. I like you a lot", he said.

"I like you a lot too Q", Kamari said.

"but...I feel like it's just not as much as I'm feelin you", Quinton said.

"What are you trying to say", Kamari said.

"...its just the way you look at him. The way you looked at your ex the other day. I just feel like it's something still there", Quinton said.

"I don't want him", Kamari said.

"It's not about if you want him or not. It's about if you still love him. And if you love him, it's no telling what can happen with us", Quinton said.

"Q...I am here for you. If you're scared that I'm going to hurt you, I'm not", Kamari said.

"...I'm not scared that you will. I know you will", Quinton asked.

Kamari made a face

"So that's it? That's how you wanna play it? Have sex with me and then make up an excuse to break up with me??", Kamari asked.

"This isn't an excuse. It's the truth. You still have feelings for him", Quinton said. "You dodge everything I said about him just now. You didn't deny anything I said about him"

"Quinton, we had sex and you know I don't just give it up! Why would i let that happen if I didn't have real and true feelings for you??", Kamari said.

"You're doing it again. And It's not the fact that you don't have feelings for me, Mari. It's the fact that you have feelings for him too and at the end of the day, if it came down to the decision of who you wanted. Who would you choose?", Quinton asked.

"Q, I don't have feelings for a guy who embarrassed me multiple times and played with my emotions and my intelligence", Kamari said. "It took me a while to get with you because I wasn't fully over him and I didn't fully trust you. I'm fully over him and as far as me and you, I may not fully trust you but I put trust in you that you wouldn't hurt me"

Quinton was quiet.

"I wanna be with someone who makes me happy and that's you", she said.

"...I'm sorry", Quinton said.

"I get it...you've been hurt to and you're just trying to keep yourself guarded. I can handle a test of loyalty", Kamari said.

"Can I come over?", Quinton asked.

"Yea..maybe you can show me what it's like when you last longer than a minute or 2", Kamari said.

"You got jokes", Quinton said

"Jokes or truths?", Kamari asked.

Quinton chuckled.

"Dont talk to much shit na", Quinton said.

"Or else?", Kamari asked.

"Or else I'm going to have to teach you a lesson", Quinton said.

Kamari smiled. "Well teach it", she said.

"Bet", Quinton said.

"See you soon", Kamari said.

"Baby, I'm doing 80 in a 60, fuck a ticket", Quinton said.

Kamari laughed. "Bye", she said.

"Bye", he said.

Kamari hung up and turned off the TV and got into the shower.

———

When Quinton knocked on the door, Kamari opened it in some pink lingerie.

Quinton eyes got wide as he looked behind him to see if anyone was in the hall. He didn't see anyone as he walked in.

"Damn", he said as he shut the door behind him.

Kamari chuckled.

Quinton touched her waist.

"I should stop being so jealous and enjoy what I have because I'm a lucky nigga", he said.

"And as far as what you've been showing me and how you've been treating me, I'm a lucky woman", she said.

Quinton pulled her closer and started kissing her.

Kamari started kissing him back.

Quinton pulled away and looked her in her eyes.

"The other day...I told you I loved you. And I just wanna say that I meant it. You don't have to say it back right now and I don't expect you to but...I just wanted to say that I love you, Mari. So, I'm sorry for overreacting about Malik and you should continue to wear your bracelet it reminds you of your dad", Quinton said.

Kamari didn't know what to say.

"Now gorgeous, where were we?", he asked as he leaned into her then started kissing her.

Kamari began kissing back and that's when he picked her up and took her to her room.

TO BE CONTINUED...