Chapter 19

The following morning Kamari woke up late for a rehearsal. So she rushed to get ready and left.

Once she got to rehearsal, she was five minutes late.

"It's nothing like having the star of the show come five minutes late", the dance instructor said jokingly.

"Bryce, I had a long night. Cut me some slack", Kamari said with a smile. "I got here as quickly as I could, I'm sorry for coming late"

Faith and Hope looked at each other.

"It's okay. I was just joking", Bryce said. "Go ahead and stretch. We'll start in five minutes"

Kamari put her bag down and walked to Hope and Faith.

"Hey ladies", Kamari said.

"Hey", they both said.

Kamari sat down and started stretching. She looked at them and could tell something was wrong.

"You guys okay?", Kamari asked.

"You okay?", Faith asked.

"I think what Faith meant was there something new going on?", Hope said.

Kamari made a face and stood up.

"What's going on?", Kamari asked.

"You haven't seen it?", Faith asked.

"Seen what?", Kamari asked.

"Q-"

Hope cut her off. "How about we save this for after rehearsal?", Hope asked. "We have a show to do next week and a tour in 6 months"

Kamari massaged her temples. "I can already tell it's something I'll be pissed off about so I guess we can wait until after rehearsal", Kamari said.

Quinton walked into the dance studio.

"Mmm", Faith said as she looked at him and folded her arms with some attitude. 

Kamari looked behind her and saw Quinton and then she made a face at Faith. She knew Faith liked for Kamari Quinton so she understand why she did that.

Quinton walked up behind Kamari and put his arms around her.

"Good morning baby", Quinton said.

"Good morning", Kamari said with a smile. "What are you doing here?"

"I called you last night and this morning. I just wanted to make sure you were okay", he said.

"I'm good", Kamari said. "Thank you for checking up on me"

Kamari turned to face him and kissed him.

Quinton smiled.

Hope looked at Faith. She knew Faith wasn't the type to hold her tongue.

"I hope you ain't playing my best friend", Faith said.

"Faith", Hope said.

"Faith, what's up?", Kamari said.

"Quinton and Symone-"

"Ay, I can't talk to her about that in private. Please don't be that friend to stir stuff up", Quinton said.

"Hold up. What about you and symone?", Kamari asked.

"First of all it's nothing going on between Symone and I. Second, they got some picture of us in the studio floating around and then they have pictures of her talking to me at my party last month. Some people saying we could be working on a song, some saying that we messing around because of how we were so call looking at each other", Quinton said.

Kamari looked down. She started thinking.

Quinton made a face. "What?", he asked.

"Nothing", Kamari said as she faked smiled. "People just wanna see others have a downfall that's all. I'm not worried about that"

"Good", Quinton said.

"Okay. I'll see you later", Kamari said as she walked away.

Quinton made a confused face.

"By the way I'm not one of those friends to stir things up", Faith said. "I just know her and I know that she's too good for a lot of people. She's been hurt and I don't want her to get hurt again. So if I can see a wrong in someone before she gets too deep that's what I'm going to do. I want her happy"

"I want her happy too and I would never hurt her", Quinton said.

"Well keep it that way", Faith said. "Her brothers are crazy, but I'm just as crazy too"

Faith walked away.

"Sorry about her", Hope said.

"It's alright", Quinton said.

"For the record, you've made Kamari so happy. Happier than I've seen her in a while", Hope said.

Quinton looked at Kamari, who was across the stretching. She looked sad.

"I- I try my best", Quinton said as she looked at Hope with a fake smile.

Hope smiled and nodded before she walked away.

Quinton stopped smiling. He was actually upset with Symone because he felt like she was behind all of this. He also felt like that was breaking the amount of trust that he had earned with Kamari and he couldn't afford that. That's what actually scared him the most. He actually likes Kamari a lot, well really he was starting to fall in love with her.

Quinton walked out of the dance studio and Kamari watched him and shook her head.

She believed him but at the same time she had so many thoughts running through her head. Thoughts telling her not to. She was trying to block that out, especially until they got a chance to talk about all of this.

TO BE CONTINUED...