Chapter 41

The following day, Kamari was sitting on Quinton's couch writing a new song.

"Dang, you never stop working huh?", Quinton asked.

"I could say the same about you", Kamari said as she closed her notebook.

Quinton walked into the kitchen.

Kamari looked at her phone.

Quinton came out of the kitchen after fixing a bowl of cereal and sat down.

Kamari started smiling at something on her phone.

Quinton looked at her.

"Wow", she mumbled.

"What's so funny?",Quinton asked.

"Something Hope sent me", Kamari replied.

Quinton nods.

Kamari started texting.

Quinton started eating.

Kamari started laughing.

Quinton turned on the TV.

"I'm about to take a shower and head out", Kamari said.

Quinton made a face.

"Why?", he asked.

"Going to hang out with Hope", Kamari replied as she stood up.

Quinton rolled his eyes.

Kamari stopped and looked at him.

"What?", Kamari asked. "You can't have me to yourself everyday"

"Yea, yea. Tell her I said hey and have fun", he said.

"I'm not leaving just yet", Kamari replied as she walked to his room to go to the bathroom to take a shower.

Quinton looked at her phone sitting on the couch. After a moment or two he got up and grabbed her phone and sat back down. He unlocked it and opened up her messaging app so see if she really was talking to Hope and she was. He tossed her phone back on the couch and continued eating.

————

Kamari and Hope were currently at the mall.

"Look, Faith isn't really mad you. She just...it's just that our mom was in an abuse relationship with my dad and it's kind of a sensitive topic with her", Hope said.

"You guys never told me that", Kamari said.

"I mean it's something that was really never needed to be brought up", Hope said.

"...Q isn't abusing me", Kamari said.

"Not physically", Hope said.

"Not verbally either", Kamari said.

"Yet your relationship still isn't the healthiest", Hope said. "You said it yourself. He really really jealous of things. He can be a little controlling"