Chapter 36

A week later, Kamari was still on tour of course. She was currently talking backstage to one of the artists that was on tour with her.

"You did good tonight", Keith said with a smile.

Keith was on of the artists on her label. He's brown skinned, with a low fade. They didn't talk much or at all, until now.

Kamari smiled back. "Thank you. You haven't been doing so bad yourself", she replied.

"You still with QC?", he asked.

"Yea", Kamari replied. "You should know that because you hang with him"

"I hang with him but I'm not all up in his business. We cool, but not that cool. Besides, I don't really see y'all together like that", Keith said.

"Oh. Well we're still together", Kamari said.

Keith nods. "He's a lucky dude", Keith said as he rubbed his hands together.

"Yea...he is", Kamari replied.

Suddenly, Quinton came walking up.

"Hey, Keith", Quinton said as he put his hand on Kamari's waist and gripped a little tight.

Kamari jumped a little bit as she moved his hands.

Quinton made a face like he didn't do anything.

"You good?", he asked.

Kamari cleared her throat. "Yea, I'm fine", she said.

"Well I'm going to let the two of y'all talk. I'm about to go meet some fans", Keith said.

Keith and Quinton dapped each other up and Keith walked away.

"Why did you pinch me?", Kamari asked as she lowered her voice.

"Why you smiling in other nigga's faces?", Quinton asked.

"You pinched me because you think I was flirting with him?", Kamari asked.

"Why are we answering questions with questions. Point is don't do that. Cool it down with all that friendly shit", Quinton said.

"I'm not going to be rude, Q. The same way you talk to other females, I was talking to him", Kamari said.

"That's different. Because at the end of the day I can get rude as hell if I need to. You can't", Quinton said.

"Yes I can", Kamari replied.

"But you won't. The same nigga that did you dirty, you still have sympathy for", Quinton said.

"He was shot", Kamari said. "You know what..."

Kamari started walking away.

Quinton grabbed her arm and turned her to him, aggressively. At the time, he thought nobody was watching.

"Don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you", Quinton demanded.

"What is up with you?", Kamari asked.

"Whats up with me? I come here to see my girl perform and spend some time with her because I miss her and I see her smiling in another dude's face?", Quinton said.

Faith came walking over and Quinton looked up at her. Hope saw the way he grabbed Kamari and remember that she told her that he had an abusive pass.