ϟ15: FIRST DAY AT HOGWARTSϟ

"You can speak Parseltongue, Harry," said Dumbledore calmly, "because Lord Voldemort — who is the last remaining descendant of Salazar Slytherin — can speak Parseltongue. Unless I'm much mistaken, he transferred some of his own powers to you the night he gave you that scar. Not something he intended to do, I'm sure. . . ."

"Voldemort put a bit of himself in me?" Harry said, thunderstruck.

"It certainly seems so."

"And what about me?" Rhea interjected. "I could understand every word he and Riddle said."

Dumbledore looked curiously at the two of them, and said, "Now, this is something I have had my suspicions for a long time. Ever since you were knocked out for three days," he said nodding towards Rhea, who flushed. "Just like Harry, after Quirrell died."

"So I ask myself, why the two of you seem to have a strange bond. But you see," he pushed his glasses further up the bridge of the nose. "I seem to have more questions about you, than answers."

He waited, clearly expecting some sort of information.

"Err," Harry began awkwardly, and the other two looked at him. "I kind of think we are each other's voodoo doll. And that has been the case ever since..." Harry racked his brain for more information. "Since we were... six?"

"Five," Rhea corrected. 

Dumbledore nodded and asked, "When did all this start, precisely?"

Rhea hesitated and started, "I'm not sure, but it was when..." she halted, unable to phrase it. "When I promised him something." She finished lamely.

The Headmaster looked interested, and prodded, "What did you promise him?"

She opened her mouth in a reply, but Harry beat her to it. "I promise on my magic we will be together. And I promise if you get into trouble, I will too." Harry recited quietly.

Rhea looked at him in surprise, as if she hadn't expected him to remember the line accurately. Dumbledore could only stare at them in shock, as he realized there was a huge twist in his plans...

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

"Wake up!" a voice screeched. Lily groaned and shielded her eyes from the sudden beam of light attacking her face. She'd never been a morning person, and nor would she ever become one. In fact, Lily considered it lucky for the reckless idiot who woke her up without facing her wrath. 

"Marlene, please refrain from blinding me." Lily grumbled, now burying her head under the pillow, not giving a single thought to the fact that she was quite late.