ϟ61: PAPER IS MORE PATIENT THAN PEOPLEϟ

"Is he really that oblivious? Or am I just too un-obvious?"

"Rhea, don't worry, he'll—"

"Ahh, I sound pathetic, don't I? I disgust myself."

Rhea was currently wallowing in her self pity in the Ravenclaw common Room, where Lisa, Isobel and Padma were trying to cheer her up while Anthony, Terry and Micheal looked like they wanted to laugh.

"Look, I'm sure you'll find a partner soon enough—" Lisa consoled her.

"The ball is in two days!"

The Yule Ball. More like a Deathday party in Rhea's eyes. The Ball, instead of bringing happiness, just brought unwanted heartbreak and problems.

"Well, what about Neville?" Anthony asked, suppressing a laugh.

Rhea glared at him. "He's going with Ginny. Ron's going with Padma," she shot a look at Padma, who had let out a huff. "And me... with Peeves, maybe."

"Bloody hell," Micheal whistled, "These kinds of things do wind up girls, don't they?"

"Well, screw Harry!" Isobel said impatiently, but everyone shushed her for being insensitive. "What? I'm not kidding!"

Rhea groaned in frustration at her stupid friends. "He's as oblivious as a loaf of bread! For two weeks he was moping about finding a partner, and I was sitting there, right in front of him, clearing my throat every bloody second to give him a bloody hint—"

And everyone sniggered, not able to hide their amusement.

"Well, whose fault is that?" Terry demanded, "You could have said 'yes' to those two blokes who asked you out ages ago—"

"He was a sixth year!" Rhea defended. "I don't trust older blokes!"

Anthony gave a hacking cough that sounded eerily like 'Oliver Wood'.

"Wait," Padma said suddenly, looking at Anthony as though she had just realized he was here. "You don't have a partner either."

"I don't?" Anthony asked, shocked.

"You can go with Rhea!" Lisa and Isobel chorused, brightening slightly.

"Oh yeah!" Anthony said enthusiastically, apparently having forgotten that Rhea was quite blatantly a bloody girl too. He dramatically looked at Rhea and got down on one knee."Miss Arquette, would you allow me the honour of escorting you to the ball?"

Rhea suppressed a laugh. "As long as you don't stamp on my feet."

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Lily Evans wanted to die.

Maybe not die, per se, but perhaps be cursed into the next century? Was that too much to ask? Why couldn't life be fair? Why couldn't humans be simple and ordinary? Why did humans overthink so much? She'd rather be forgotten than be alive to deal with him...

Why did life hate her so much?

Maybe she was spending too much time with Sirius—his dramatics were rubbing off on her.

Lily sighed wearily and threw her bag on the couch as she slumped down in exhaustion. Her brain was driving her crazy and she had an insane urge to yank her brain away and store it somewhere else for the time being. There were two things that would calm her down: 1) music (Sirius the greedy idiot wouldn't let her borrow his radio) 2) writing (she had unfortunately finished all of her essays)