ϟ65: PEIDIWCH A GADAELϟ

"His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad—"

"Shut up, RON!"

Ron, Rhea and Hermione were trying helplessly to stifle their sniggers while poor Harry was flushing a dark red and was sporting a scowl on his face. The unfortunate boy had been embarrassed in front of thirty students next to the Charms classroom including Malfoy, and the scene was continuously making Harry writhe with humiliation.

"Sorry, Harry," Rhea said with a small hiccup, almost crying with mirth. "But—oh Merlin I can't breathe—"

"You're my best friends!" Harry snapped, betrayed.

"Yes, yes," Hermione said, doubling up with laughter, "I know it's mean, and poor Ginny really does fancy you—"

"His hair is as dark as the blackboard," Ron sang, imitating the dwarf Lockhart had hired for Valentine's Day.

"That's your sister, Ron!" Harry tried to say, wanting to guilt him into stopping his humiliating talk.

"Why else d'you think I'm mocking the poem?" Ron replied reasonably. "Do you even know how siblings behave?"

"That's it," Harry sighed, packing his bag and leaving briskly. "I disown you all. And I'm leaving. Besides, I'm going to examine Riddle's diary again."

"Again?" Rhea asked moodily as the three of them stared at Harry's retreating figure. "He's going mad, I'm telling you."

"What else is new?" Hermione asked rationally, not knowing that Harry would finally have some success in finding out how the diary worked.

"I wish he was mine, he's really divine—"

"RON!"

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

"Can you stop grinning like that? It's not amusing."

Lily was grimacing slightly as she looked at Remus who was still grinning in an eerily cheerful way.

But Remus didn't wipe that smile off yet. "I feel better," he informed them brightly, and Rhea was alarmed by his cheerfulness. Maybe Lily and Severus had accidentally brewed a concoction of madness? Or had it made Remus drunk? Why was he acting so casual?

Severus snorted derisively, narrowing his eyes at Remus. "Could've fooled me, Lupin. You look terrible."

Remus rolled his eyes at the Slytherin. "Good morning to you too," he said sardonically, and Madam Pomfrey tutted disapprovingly.

"Children, children, quiet down." She said distractedly. "Mr Lupin needs his rest..."

She too, was aware of the special circumstances under which Lily and Severus were helping Remus. So instead of questioning them, she kept her silence while leading Remus to one of the beds and pulling the screen around him to give him some privacy to change his clothes.