ϟ14: INTRODUCTIONSϟ

"Harry!" Rhea whined, while she shook his arm vigorously. "Pleaseeee!"

"No," Harry said firmly, and crossed his arms over his chest. "I don't want to."

"But pleaaaseee..." she gave him the doleful eyes.

"No!" he shook his head stubbornly.

"Why not?" she asked dejectedly.

"I don't like to," he informed her pointedly.

"Rhea, let him be," Abrielle instructed her sternly, though the twitching of her lips relayed another story.

"Boys don't like to dance, ma petite," Audric hastened to defend Harry; the poor boy was so self-conscious owing to the constant scrutiny of his wretched aunt and uncle.

"What?" Rhea asked so incredulously one might have thought he had said Harry didn't like treacle tart. "Why not?" her eyes went as wide as saucers.

"That's... because we like exercising better..." her father said quite lamely.

"But it's Christmas!" Rhea protested heatedly.

"He will dance next Christmas, won't you, Harry?" Abrielle asked in sheer desperation to put an end to Rhea's complaints.

"I will." Harry agreed immediately, relieved he didn't have to dance any time soon.

Rhea pouted. "Next year we'll be seven. We need to dance now."

"Why can't we dance when we are seven?" Harry asked, despite himself, curiosity getting the better off him.

Turning eagerly towards Harry to justify her point, Rhea clarified, "Because then there'll be only three years with us after which we'll need to dance more..." she paused, struggling to pronounce it right. "Sop—histic—atedly. Sophisticatedly," she finished triumphantly, looking at her parents for their approval.

Both of them chuckled. "You mean, when there are rules for you to follow while dancing?" Abrielle asked in between laughs.

"Exactly!" Rhea nodded vehemently, as though this was a crucial point to be recorded in the Magic Book of Laws.

Sensing Rhea was going to win her parents on her side, Harry hastened to change her mind, "But after we're seven we can dance for three more years!"

"That's lesser than four!" she cried out, pointing an accusing finger at him. "I want to dance the way I want for at least five years! Starting today!"

When Harry still looked extremely reluctant, she placed her hands on her hips and rebuked him in a perfect imitation of her mother, "I want you to dance with me, young man,"

At this both her parents and Harry burst out laughing. There was something extremely hilarious about a six year old displaying an uncanny impression of her mother to get her best friend to dance.

Rhea didn't mind them laughing at her jokes, but this time it seemed like they were laughing at her. She pouted irritably and went towards the radio.

Changing the song on the muggle radio, however, she immediately brightened. There was a beautiful song playing.

She fell in love with it immediately, albeit this was the first time she had ever heard this song. Her heart soared with the tune, and she knew it was going to be her favourite. Unfortunately, she had missed the first verse of the song.

I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you
I know you were right believing for so long
I'm all out of love, what am I without you
I can't be too late to say that I was so wrong