ϟ6: INTO THE PASTϟ

"Hog—Hogwarts?" eleven year old Rhea stammered. "I can go to Hogwarts?"

Abrielle Arquette and Audric Arquette looked at each other in amusement.

"You've been showing signs of magic ever since you were born, ma petite." Her mother spoke delicately. "Surely it's no surprise?"

But Rhea was beyond surprised. It was all she had been dreaming about ever since she realized there were not many children who wanted to be friends with her. She felt an immense wave of excitement and thrill. However, something dampened her mood.

"But..." Rhea said hesitantly "What about Harry?"

Abrielle and Audric looked at each other with an unreadable expression.

"He's a wizard, Rhea." Her father said slowly. "He's just like you too."

Rhea gasped and looked at her parents in astonishment. There was a long silence in which Rhea struggled to find words.

After finding her voice, she asked coldly, "Why didn't you ever tell him? Why didn't you tell me?"

Her parents winced. Abrielle hastened to explain, "Ma petite, Dumbledore insisted—"

"Dumbledore?" Rhea asked, distracted.

"The headmaster, dear."

"I know who he is." snapped Rhea.

Then she abruptly turned and ignoring her parents' calls, she raced to Number 4. It was right opposite the Arquettes house.

Banging the door, Rhea called out excitedly, "Harry! Harry!"

She should have known luck would leave her exactly when she needed it.

Vernon Dursely opened the door, red faced with anger, holding the same letter Rhea had opened just a few minutes ago.

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

"Rhea!" cried Luna, as she pulled the former out of the threshold seconds before the apparent cupboard burst into ashes. The ashes cascaded around them, covering the duo in soot. Streaks of black smudged across their war worn faces and their eyes burned as a few stray ashes slid past their lashes and into their eyes. 

The two girls stood breathing heavily and stared at what had once been a well-built 'cupboard'.

"Bloody hell..." Rhea murmured, dusting her hair and clothes to rid herself of the black specks of ash.