ϟ5: A WALK THROUGH TIMEϟ

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

"That's my wand you're holding, Potter," said Malfoy, pointing his own through the gap between Crabbe and Goyle.

"Not anymore," panted Harry, tightening his grip on the hawthorn wand. "Winners, keepers, Malfoy. Who's lent you theirs?"

"My mother," said Draco.

Harry laughed, though there was nothing very humorous about the situation. He could not hear Ron or Hermione anymore. Shielding Luna behind him, he asked, "So how come you three aren't with Voldemort?"

Rhea gritted her teeth as she read Crabbe's, Goyle's and Malfoy's minds. She fervently thanked her natural Legilimency.

"We're gonna be rewarded," said Crabbe. "We 'ung back, Potter. We decided not to go. Decided to bring you to 'im."

"Good plan," said Harry in mock admiration. He felt Rhea moving as she began edging slowly backward toward the place where the Horcrux sat lopsided upon the bust.

"So how did you get in here?" Harry asked, trying to distract them.

"I virtually lived in the Room of Hidden Things all last year," said Malfoy, his voice brittle. "I know how to get in."

"We was hiding in the corridor outside," grunted Goyle. "We can do Diss-lusion Charms now! And then," his face split into a gormless grin, "you turned up right in front of us and said you was looking for a die-dum! What's a die-dum?"

Luna poked her head from behind Harry and waved at Goyle. "Did you know you've got Wrakspurt in your hair?" she asked seriously.

Goyle looked bewildered, but suddenly scowled. "Loony—"

"Harry?" Ron's voice echoed suddenly from the other side of the wall to Harry's right. "Are you talking to someone?"

With a whiplike movement, Crabbe pointed his wand at the fifty-foot mountain of old furniture, of broken trunks, of old books and robes and unidentifiable junk, and shouted, "Descendo!"

That was all Rhea needed—she dived for the Diadem and clutched it close to her chest. The wall began to totter, and then the top third crumbled into the aisle next door where Ron stood.

"Ron!" Harry bellowed, as somewhere out of sight Hermione screamed, and Harry heard innumerable objects crashing to the floor on the other side of the destabilized wall: He pointed his wand at the rampart, cried, "Finite!" and it steadied.

Rhea passed the Diadem to Luna and began firing spells at Draco who kept dodging the spells as he didn't have enough time to attack. Crabbe snarled and pointed his wand at Rhea, "Crucio!"