ϟ72: SLUG CLUBϟ

"So you're telling me," Rhea said slowly, incredulity filling her voice. "That Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets!?"

"We always knew Hagrid had been expelled," Harry said miserably. "And the attacks must've stopped after Hagrid was kicked out."

"Riddle does sound like Percy." Ron tried a different track. "who asked him to squeal on Hagrid anyway?"

"First, lay off Percy." Rhea said sternly. "Second, that monster was killing people."

"You think it's Hagrid, then?" Hermione inquired.

"No," Rhea hummed. "Harry, give that diary to me."

Harry looked surprised. "But—"

She glared at him.

"Ugh, fine." He gave it to her, grumbling simultaneously. The book was worn out and old, and Rhea could make out 'T.M.Riddle' written on it in smudged ink.

"Quill." She ordered, and Hermione gave one to her. Placing the book on table, she looked at them. "What should I write?"

Ron gave her a look. "Why don't you ask him about his great auntie Mabel?"

And she did just that.

Harry stared at her incredulously. "Rhea, what the hell—?"

Hello, Tom Riddle. My name is Rhea Arquette. 
How is your great Auntie Mabel?

Hello, Rhea Arquette. How did you come by my diary,when not so long ago I had been under the impression that it was under Harry Potter's possession?

Yeah, Harry Potter and I are best mates. He's such a sharing boy, bless his soul.

The diary hesitated.

If my assumption is not erroneous, you must know about the Chamber of Secrets from your friend, Harry Potter?

Yes, he confided in us after you
kidnapped him into your diary.
Talk about first impressions.

I do apologise for that. But since there are some people that would not want this diary read,I thought it was in the best interests of the school to let someone know about the hidden 'legend'.

That was very thoughtful of you, Tom,
but I simply refuse to believe that Hagrid
was the one who opened the Chamber.

Rubeus had quite the affinity for dangerous creatures back then. I doubt he ever wanted to hurt anyone, but the monster had slaughtered an innocent girl.

Well, what was the monster, then?