25: Steamy Kitchen Nightmares

"Fuck."

"Shit!"

"Crap!"

"Bloody murder!"

"Oh fuck, the oil!"

"What is that sound now?!"

"Oh no! It's burning!"

"Shit! Smoke!"

"I give up."

I slouched down on the kitchen floor, exhausted.

From my choice of colorful words, you could get the idea that I was doing an absolutely horrible job at cooking. Told you I sucked at it. I couldn't cook for the life of me.

I bit my lips in worry. What was I going to serve in an hour? Shit.

There was no one in the kitchen. Except for me, myself and I.  All the cooks and maids had left the kitchen so that they wouldn't be able to disturb me while I cooked. Special order from the Queen. She was considerate enough to think that the others might get in my way. But not considerate enough to think that I couldn't cook.

"Ugh.", I groaned.  Times like this reminded me that I deserved another percent of shares from Jungkook. I was doing so much more than what was bargained.

I rested my head on my knees. I had tried watching the tutorials on YouTube but I didn't understand shit. They had these list of ingredients I didn't have a clue about and I mistook salt as sugar. Fucking fantastic.

Cooking wasn't my forte at all. That's why I had made a solid plan that if I were to ever marry, I would  marry a guy who could cook. Because come on, I need the food to survive.

Someone cleared up their throat. I lifted my gaze up and saw none other than the person that I wanted to murder and bury 6 feet deep right now. I was in this trouble because of him.

"What?", I spat out angrily.

He sauntered into the kitchen, taking the apron by the side. Then, he put on the apron and rolled up the sleeves of his shirt. As much as I hated to say this, he looked delicious.

Snap out of it. I mentally cursed myself. You are here to---What was I here for?

I was here to cook food! Remember?

And there's no food here. Food which I have to serve in an hour!

But the full course meal is right in front of you. My inner voice chimed in.

That inner voice of mine needed to shut the hell up. Now was not the time.

I stood up and stared at him as he placed several pans on the stove and started taking out vegetables from the fridge.

"Mind if you lend me a hand?", He asked as he poured some oil on the pan.

"Huh?", I said in daze.

"I could use some help right now. Can you chop the onions?", He said.

"You know how to cook?", I asked, surprised.

"Yes, I do.", He told, nonchalantly.

This man can cook as well! What the hell can't he do?!

"Now, can you chop those onions or not? I am going to make some soup in the meantime.", He asked.

"Are-Are you  helping me? But I am supposed to do this.... alone....", I mumbled. I was quite baffled. I didn't ever expect him to help me.