17: Dinner Gone Wrong

Kiara

Today was the day of the rehearsal dinner. It was just yesterday when Jungkook met my father and he was going to attend the rehearsal dinner and the wedding with me.

I let out a groan at that. I don't want to be near him at all. I just can't seem to control myself when I am with him. My body itches to make some contact with his, to feel those mind blowing sparks once again. He was so near, yet still so far. It was like having to stare at a cake when you are on a diet. And in dieting, I would have ditched that shit and just gobbled up that cake. But fuck. I just had to make that fucking rule.

That's why people say, "Look before you leap."

Because ofcourse, I didn't think about the consequences and thought it would be easy as hell. But I was wrong. So wrong. This pull I feel with him is so strong to resist. I am even impressed I have this much self-control.

I wore a red dress which reached all the way to the floor, one which had a slit up on the thigh to show off my legs and  hugged my body perfectly like a second skin. My fingers brushed against my wedding ring which had been there since two days. It was simply beautiful and I could never get tired looking at it. As much as I hate to say it, Jungkook has a good taste.

I glanced at the small velvety box on my table. I had bought a ring for Jungkook as well. I mean, we are married.

A knock sounded on my door. "Miss Kim, His Highess is waiting for you on his car.", A maid said.

"Okay. I am coming.", I responded and after catching my purse and slipping onto my heels, I headed downstairs.

A white car with a hint of black was in the middle of the driveway and surprise, surprise, it was a Rolls Royce. We were surely going to make heads turn with that  car.

Enzo, Jungkook's right hand man, opened the car door of the back seat for me. He was going to be our chauffeur for today. I gave a smile to him and entered inside.

As soon as I entered inside the car, I immediately noticed Jungkook sitting at the far end of the car. He looked up when I entered. Our eyes met and his gaze travelled down my body from head to toe.

"Done checking me out, Mr?", I asked him with a sly smirk.

He didn't bother to reply. Instead, he turned around and started looking out of the window.

He looked handsome, with that black suit and white shirt. His hair was parted in the middle showing off his forehead and a bored expression masked his face.

The car suddenly felt smaller to me. I need to control myself. Think about those shares, Kiara. Shares. Business. Shares.

I sat at my own end, with ample distance between us, not letting myself to think about the man who was inside the car with me.

I took out the box that I had put inside my purse and tossed it on the space between us.

"Your ring.", I mumbled, not looking at him.

"Don't you have to put it on my finger?", He asked. I could hear the amusement in his voice but I won't be giving him the satisfaction.

"No touching, Mr. You remember, right? Or do you perhaps suffer from selective amnesia?", I retorted.

Enzo coughed at the front. I immediately froze. He wasn't supposed to hear that. I am Jungkook's wife after all. Shit.

I turned towards Jungkook with panic written all over my face.