22: Sorry

A week

It's been almost a week since I have last seen Jeon Jungkook. And it has been the most torturing, most hectic week as well.

And no, it was not because of the kiss.

Well, now that I think of it, partly yes, it was because of the kiss. But come on, I have kissed others before. Why would I even be hung up on a simple kiss?

Because for an instance, the kiss was anything but simple. My inner voice piped in.

Shut up, I didn't ask for your opinion.

Now, where was I? So, yes, it's been almost a week since I have last seen Jungkook.

We haven't spoken once after our kiss. When I woke up the next day, he was gone with a note on my- his bedside saying that he had to leave for work. Nothing more than that.

The kiss was still fresh in my mind and when I wasn't working, my thoughts would be consumed by it replaying the scene over and over again.

I wanted him to come to me and I was so pathetic because I was desperate to the point that I wouldn't mind if he popped up in front of me saying that I had broken the rule.

But I haven't seen him ever since and he hasn't contacted me. Not even once.

My eyes trailed down to the newspaper that was on my office desk. The headline was loud and clear.

We are all here for the marriage of the year, of none other than the royal crown prince of Busan, Jeon Jungkook and his wife, Kim Kiara.

The snaps of our photos from my mom's rehearsal dinner was on the center of the page. Jungkook was holding me close against him.

The news had circulated everywhere since Monday. When I went to work on Monday, everyone was staring at me on the way. I was confused why everyone was looking at me that day and only when Coral informed me, I was able to know that the news of my marriage had been leaked. Fantastic.

At noon, there were a bunch of paparazzi to ask questions about my marriage. I would have made them believe that I wasn't married to him but the diamond ring glinting on my ring finger had proved otherwise.

The news had spread like wild fire everywhere. Even after such a big thing happened, Jungkook didn't contact me. Either he didn't have a clue about this or he was just avoiding me. The latter was the truth, surely.

But I am not a coward like him. I contacted him. I was the first to contact him but even then, he didn't reply. I couldn't reach him. I wanted to go to his mansion and yell at him but I didn't. My ego came in the way.

I was pissed at him. I didn't want to speak to him ever. He didn't show up at all. I was tired of fending off the paparazzi by myself. I don't know where the hell he was.

It was already Friday and there was no sign of Jungkook. It was  2 pm in the afternoon and I had a meeting with a Japanese client in a hotel. I got up from my seat and smoothed the creases on my dress. Then, I took my hand bag and got out of my office.

Coral was going with me and she followed me. She had been a great help the past week. My public relations department had been saying that it was good publicity for the company because everyone's attention had been attracted to me and my company because of the prince charming I had managed to snag, somehow.

But I was against it. Because this was temporary and I didn't want the whole world to know about my divorce in the coming future. On top of that, I didn't want to ride on his coat-tails. So, I told them to remove as much articles as they could but still, the news wasn't dying down.