55: Follow You

Reina

He came alone.

It's the only thought running haywire in my mind. He wasn't supposed to come alone.

I had come here expecting him to show up with a legion of his soldiers, not like this. Alone and vulnerable.

My eyes met his dark brown ones, those same eyes which always sparkled like they had a whole galaxy in them. His soft features, the mole under his bottom lip, those lips, those soft cheeks; It had been so long I had gazed into that face. 

I hadn't seen him after that night.

That night.

When we had let go of each other for a different purpose.

When I was so scared that I would never be able to call him mine again.

I still can't call him mine.

But today, I didn't stand here as a tragic lover. I stood here as an anguished daughter whose father was dead, an anguished sister who had lost her brother, and a soul-sister because of the man in front of me.

He wasn't my Jungkook. 

He was my enemy, the General Jeon of Busan.

I was trying to keep my emotions at bay. Trying so hard not to let them burst. Every cell in my body wanted to scream at him, ask a thousand questions whose answers I didn't want to hear, ask him why he betrayed me. But I won't. 

I am here to end everything. And Questions don't really serve the purpose.

Silence settles down on us heavily, neither willing to break it. So many unspoken words getting lost in it.

"You betrayed me.", I whispered, my voice dropping an octave low. My throat was closing up on me.

You betrayed my love.

"I can promise you one thing. I have never betrayed you.", He replied, eyes brimming with the same sincerity that he always had. He used to have that same sincerity in his eyes whenever he professed his love, too. Now, I know they are all lies.