10: Invitation

"Grandma, don't over exert yourself. Don't worry a lot. Take your medicines regularly---"

"And take good care of myself. Yes, yes, Jungkook. I know.", His grandma told him through the phone call.

Jungkook had returned back to Seoul the next day after making sure that his grandma was fine. It had been around 2 days after that day. He still called his grandma daily to remind her to take care of herself.

After exchanging some more words, he hung up.

"Your Highness.", Enzo called him.

"Yes, Enzo?", Jungkook looked at him.

"You have a meeting with the Minister of Culture at 1 PM today. Please get ready, Your Highness.", He said.

Jungkook let out a sigh and ran his hands through his hair. The meeting with the minister had completely slipped out of his mind.

The minister had contacted him, saying that he wished to meet him. The minister would have come to meet Jungkook but Jungkook said that he himself would come instead. Some work had come up in the hotel. So, after meeting the minister, he wanted to drop by his hotel to check the situation there. The five star hotel was quite close to the building of ministry of culture.

He worked from home most of the times and only visited his hotel when he was required urgently.

After getting ready, he was driven towards the ministry of culture for the meeting. When he got there, he found that the minister was waiting for him.

"Your Highness, good afternoon.", The minister greeted, bowing to him slightly.

"Good afternoon, Mr Choi. Let's sit down, shall we?", Jungkook said.

They settled down on the chairs. A staff prepared tea for both of them. As he sipped the tea slowly, Jungkook questioned the minister. "Mr Choi, I can't help but wonder why you decided to have a meeting with me all of a sudden. I reckon you have some purpose behind that."

"Yes, Your Highness.", The minister replied.

"What is it about? Please go ahead."

"I am hosting the annual charity ball this year. It's a masquerade ball. Various elites of Korea will be present at this ball. I would be very glad if you could come to this event. It would be one of the grandest events of the year."

Jungkook calmly put the teacup down. "I am sorry to say that I will have to decline your request. I rarely attend any parties or balls. You know that I try my best to be far from the public eye. But please don't worry about the charity. I will certainly donate a good amount...It's just that I can't personally come to the ball."

"I am well informed about it, Your Highness. But still, I am pressing on this matter because, in recent years, the number of attendees to the charity event has been declining. I am certain that this year also, there won't be many people who will attend it. So, I have personally sought you out because you are the crown prince of a royal dynasty. You have been very popular among the public but rarely any people have seen you because you don't attend public events. If you attend this charity ball, surely there will be many visitors, if not for charity, then at least for the prince. I would be very grateful to you, Your Highness."

"Mr. Choi.....I really....uhh.."

"Please, Your Highness and if you are concerned about other people crowding around you, then I have a perfect arrangement for you. The word will only be out that the Crown Prince is present on the ball. Since it's a masquerade ball, naturally we will have masks. Then, there will not be any issues for you."