59: Ruin Me

Kiara

Warmth.

Warmth was seeping into my body making me feel light. Lighter than ever. As if I was floating on clouds.

I hadn't felt this warm in so long.

 At nights, the cold would always accompany me. My pillow would be drenched in tears or I would drink. The burn of the alcohol helped a bit, making me numb but it never soothed the pain I was feeling inside.

The pain of having to break his heart.

Stupid me. I thought I would never fall in love. I thought I didn't do love. Not until I knew him. Not until I knew he had my heart since forever. Since 400 years ago. . .

He didn't remember. 

He didn't remember me. . .

I was relieved because it was the best for him. He would be safe without me. But still, pain always managed to crush me. I was still selfish to want him, to need him despite knowing that he would get hurt because of me.

And now I had to let go of this love. . .let go of him . . .

I slowly blinked my bleary eyes open. Today was Saturday. No work to distract me from his thoughts. This wasn't good.

I found myself pressed against a warm body. What? Was I dreaming? 

I lifted my head and my breath got caught in my throat when I saw it was Jungkook

Like a dream. 

Right in front of me.

I was certainly dreaming.

I slowly lifted my hand but stopped myself from reaching out for him. He would vanish if I touched him. The same thing would happen every time I dreamt about him. As if my touch was a curse that would force him to leave.

With my heart stuttering against my chest, I silently took in his ethereal beauty. 

My sun whom I was forbidden to love. . .

I counted his eyelashes secretly and observed the slow rise and fall of his chest. The mole below his lower lip, those kissable lips, that soft hair just waiting to be ruffled, his features so relaxed. . . . .He looked so beautiful.

The sunlight streaming inside illuminated his face in an angelic glow. He looked so. . .so beautiful. . .