8: Fake Wife

"A proposal? ", I raised my eyebrow at him. "I am all ears."

"I can't be the ambassador of your perfume. But I know someone who can be one.", He said slowly.

He looked confident and probably thought that I would accept any proposal easily. Well, then he was in for a surprise. I love making things hard for people.

"And who is that?", I asked calmly.

"Kim Taehyung.", Jungkook said. "The most popular artist in South Korea."

"Kim Taehyung?", The corners of my lips quirked up and I scoffed, which he didn't appreciate, by the way.

"Unfortunately for you, Your Highness, my secretary has already contacted him before and his schedule is packed for the next two years and if I still want my company running well till that time, I can't wait for him. Indeed, he is a famous star and he has the highest market value among other celebrities nowadays but I don't think I am that patient to wait for him."

He had been the first artist of my choice and Coral had already contacted his manager to ask if he was up for this deal but his schedule was tightly packed.

I saw a faint smirk on his lips and if he didn't have that blank expression on his face, I would have said that he almost looked smug.

"That's where you are wrong, Miss Kim. Taehyung is my friend and I have already talked with him about this situation yesterday. After some persuasion, he agreed to be the brand ambassador of your perfume."

From my experience of life, I knew that everyone wanted something from you. You couldn't get anything without giving first. All the more reason why it made me even more skeptical that Jeon Jungkook had different plans in store for me.

"Why would you do this? You want something from me, don't you?", My voice dripped with doubt.

"You are quite clever and yes, I do want something from you. But let's calculate the benefits first, Miss Kim."

"Benefits?", I narrowed my gaze at him.

"Ahh yes... May I shed light on some of them?", He asked.

"You would do it anyway. Why bother asking me? Go ahead.", I replied.

He nodded and began his explanation. "You have newly ascended the position of the Vice-President in the Kim Industries. But it's safe to say that you, yourself handle the works of the President. The branch in the States was a huge success and you are eager to prove this here as well, especially to the old shareholders of the company whose vision doesn't match with yours. By having Taehyung be the ambassador of this product, you will be able to shut down their voices and prove everyone. Need I remind you that Taehyung is the most successful artist in entire South Korea and getting a deal with him is harder than trying to see a blue moon. From this project, your foundation in the main Industries will strengthen by a lot. On top of that, you will be able to get success through this product by using his face in the market. From my perspective, I can only see countless benefits on your side."

"Are you trying to lure me with the benefits so that I won't back out?"