51: Under the Stars

Reina

It was the last day before the wedding. There was this unsettling feeling in my chest. I could feel the impending sense of doom, causing me to be restless. I had an unshakable premonition that something bad was going to happen. I found myself zoning out more than often, lost in my thoughts.

There was so much pain and heaviness in my heart that it got unbearable at times.

Love is the most painful thing in the world.

Over the past days, I had come to realize this. Loving hurt. Really hurt at times. Really hurt most of the times.

I had heard that if we repeat a word again and again. . . . .it loses it's meaning.

I stayed up nights, repeating his name again and again, hoping that he would mean less to me with each breath.

Yet, it never happened.

Yet, I found myself with tears streaming down my face, crying myself to sleep every night.

Recalling every memories that we had made in Busan.

Every kiss.

Every touch.

Every words.

Every promises that we had to break.

Promises are such fragile things just like glass. Once broken, they are shattered permanently and each and every reminder of it are like shards of broken glass, piercing your heart.

"Marry me?"

"Wasn't it decided just now that I was going to propose, love?"

"Oh yes. But you were taking too long. So, I took the liberty to ask. So, General Jeon, will you marry me?", I asked, smiling widely. "Say fast. I am getting nervous."

"What will I get out of this marriage?", He asked, grinning.

"Aren't you playing too hard to get?"

"Just mention the benefits. Then, I will think about it."

"I will go easy on you the next time we fight.", I placed a soft kiss on his nose.

"I am sold."