14: Problems

Kiara

The next two hours were incredibly boring.

Yoongi reminded me of those types of professors who gave lectures, clarifying each and every point over ten times. He could have completed the whole process in just 15 minutes but even I am surprised how he took two hours for that. He took his work extremely seriously.

I was trying so hard not to doze off in the middle of his explanation. But my eyelids were heavy because of my lack of sleep for two days straight and this boredom.

Finally, I heard Yoongi nudge Jungkook and say, "Sign the papers."

Finally.

Jungkook let out a yawn and nodded. Even, he looked bored as hell.

Yoongi smacked him in the back of his head. "Don't yawn. Do you think it was boring or what?"

You don't know how boring it was.

"No hyung. It wasn't.", Jungkook said dryly. "It was really interesting."

Jungkook took the pen and signed the papers quickly. Yoongi took the papers looking satisfied and passed them to me. "Sign it."

I took the papers from his hand and glanced at them. I saw Jungkook's signature on one side. These papers were going to bind me to him for the next six months.

My hands shook slightly when I held the pen.

You can still back out. You don't need to do this.

A voice in my head said.

And be a coward? No, I am Kiara. I never back out from anything. I never give up.

But what about that stranger? His sparks?

My hands froze mid-way at that and I looked up. My heart felt a cold chill as my eyes locked with Jungkook's.

His beautiful black eyes seemed to hold the answers to all my queries but when he looked at me questioningly, I knew that I was deceiving myself.

I shook my head lightly and signed the papers before I could think over it. That's what he is. Just a stranger with some sparks and he can't ruin things for me.

I handed the papers to Yoongi. He clapped his hands after observing it.

"Congratulations! You two are married now!", Yoongi said.

Married. We are married now.

Jungkook heaved a sigh and got up from his seat. Yoongi also got up. Jungkook was about to head to his chair to go back to his book when Yoongi pulled him and literally dragged him outside the room. I looked at them in confusion.

Before closing the door, Yoongi gave a sheepish smile to me and told me to stay put. I just nodded, not knowing what to do.

I leaned back against the couch and my eyes started closing in their own accord. I tried hard to stay awake but eventually, the exhaustion took over me and I drifted off to sleep.

I felt calm and peaceful. But there was a stiff feeling in my neck. I heard muffled voices around my sleepy state. But I couldn't make out what they were speaking about. I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes and felt the need to sleep more.

Then, I heard footsteps approaching me. It stopped and after a few moments, something warm was dropped on my shoulders and the footsteps left again.