62: Epilogue (Enchanted to Meet You)

Outfits^^^

The music playing filled the entire hall. The sweet fragrance of flowers was emanating in the air. People were dancing, some having a taste of the delicacies, some clanking their glasses and proposing a toast to one another, some staring at the dazzling decorations in awe. The ballroom in the Palace of Busan was crowded with people. They were present for the latest ball of the year, thrown by none other than the King and Queen of Busan.

"This gown is seriously heavy, Kiara.", Grandma murmured in the dressing room, observing me.

'It's fine, grandma. Really.", I tried to reassure her.

"But the---", Her eyes were drawn to my stomach worriedly.

I let out a giggle. "You know that it's just a small bean right now, don't you? It will be fine."

"But still. . .I don't need a heart attack, dear," She said, "When are you planning to tell him?"

"Probably tonight. After the ball is over. I don't know. . . .I am nervous about it."

"Don't worry. He is going to be over-joyed.", Grandma said, getting teary-eyed. "Oh my, I am going to be a grandmother soon."

I smiled. "Yes, you are."

I had been waiting for this moment for so long. Finally, after two years of our marriage, this was happening. Initially, I had my fears. I was afraid that I couldn't be a good mother to my child. What if things go wrong? What if I can't take care of the child well? What if I treat my child just like how my mother treated me?

There were so many what if's but Jungkook was patient with me. He always assured me saying that I was going to be the best mother to our kids, that we were going to learn this together. But I was simply too anxious.

I discovered that I was six weeks pregnant just two days ago. Lately, I had been experiencing morning sickness but I shrugged it off thinking that it was because of some food.

But when I took three pregnancy tests and they all came out positive, I broke down in the bathroom. Grandma discovered me as a crying mess in the bathroom and thus, she came to know about it. Jungkook had gone out during that time for a meeting. I still hadn't gathered the courage to tell him but hopefully, I could do it tonight.

"It's time to go.", Grandma said. "Everyone must be waiting."

"Alright.", I answered.

"Wait, you are forgetting something.", I watched as grandma took the box from the dressing table and opened it.

"The crown. Sit down on the couch, Kiara."