39: Face of the Devil

Reina

Busan was a beautiful place.

The fact became more apparent to me as grandma and I strolled around the bustling market.

Everyone looked happy and jovial. There was an air of joy in the atmosphere. Grandma stopped in several places, observing the newly arrived silk and other items while I followed her.

Everyone seemed to know grandma. Almost everyone greeted her while she walked around the market, which garnered quiet a bit of unwanted attention on me as well.

They would ask who I am but thankfully, grandma replied that I was a distant relative.

"Oh dear, the sun is scorching hot right now.", Grandma paused, wiping her face with a handkerchief.

I simply nodded. Yes, it had grown quite hot.

"I feel faint, my dear.", She told.

"Are you okay?", I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I am sorry dear but I will have to cut this trip short.", She told. "I feel unwell."

"It's alright.", I told. "Let's go back---"

"Oh no. I feel bad."

"You don't need to."

"Oh but Look! Jungkook is right there!", She exclaimed all of a sudden. "Jungkook! Jungkook!", She called her grandson.

The General turned around, raising his eyebrow. He looked surprised to see us but sauntered towards us.

"Why are you here, grandma?", He asked. "Usually, you don't take a walk around---"

"I was showing Reina around. But I suddenly felt faint. I need to rest. Why don't you show her around for me? She is new to Busan. She would love to see our place."

"No, I wouldn't want to trouble His Highness. I will return back with you.", I denied.

"You wouldn't trouble him. Hush. I just need to take some rest. And besides, my maids are already here with the carriage. You should have a good time.", She told and before I could blink, she entered the carriage and vanished from our sight.

Why does something feel fishy?

"Shall we?", His calm and cool voice brought me back to reality.

I nodded. "What were you doing here, Your Highness?"

"You don't need to address me with that title. You can just call me Jungkook."

Could I be so informal with him? After all, he isn't my friend nor my husband or husband-to-be.

"My training grounds are in this area. The soldiers train here.", He answered the previous question.

Grandma brought me to the training grounds and left me here with him feeling sick. Seems too much of a coincidence.

We walked around quietly for some moments more.

"General, who is that pretty lady beside you?", An old woman asked, letting out a chuckle. She was selling some jewelleries in a stall. "Oh heavens, I didn't think that I would see a day where you would actually walk around with a woman.", She winked at him.

I couldn't say anything.

"She is a.....", He hesitated. "....relative and I am showing her around...."

"That's disappointing. I almost thought she was your fiancée. You two look great together."

I felt myself freeze in my position.