5: I want him

Kiara

After meeting with the investor, I returned back to the office. We had a meeting scheduled for today. I had managed everything but I just needed a brand ambassador for now. We had settled down on "Pristine" as the name of the perfume. I had loved the fresh smell of it when I first tested it. I was confident in the product. But we needed the face of this product and this was going to be a difficult task.

My office telephone rang while I was in the middle of going through some documents.

"Hello.", I picked it up.

"Good afternoon, Miss Kim.", An unknown female voice drawled.

"Good afternoon. May I ask who you are and what's your business with me?"

The person on the other line let out a chuckle and began.

"I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to be the brand ambassador of your project. I got a pretty big project in my hands and I have to reject---", The tone of her voice held mockery and I rolled my eyes at that.

"Consult my secretary if you want to have a conversation regarding that. I don't pick up useless calls.", I said and hung up.

I was back to my work again. After a while, a knock came on my door and after I gave permission, Coral entered my office.

"Miss Kim.", She called me, looking dejected.

"What is it?", I asked.

"I had called a famous star suggesting her to be our brand ambassador some days ago. She had agreed at first but now, she is saying that she doesn't want to do it. She has rejected our offer. She is very popular nowadays. I had high hopes for her.", Coral told.

"Which company is she rejecting us for?"

"CQ company. It's a well-known fact that it's the rival of the Kim Industries."

"CQ company?", I raised my eyebrow. A slow smile formed on my lips. "I do love some good rivalry."

"Apparently, they have a huge project coming along. I am afraid it's gonna overshadow our company. She also added that instead of working for a failing company like ours, she will take the deal of CQ company."

My hands paused for a moment and I lifted my gaze up.

"She dares to mock the Kim Industries? Failing and our company? The profits of our company can feed the next 7 generations of her family. She really has the audacity to look down on us. How dare she.", My temper flared up.

"Blacklist her name from our company.  She won't be getting any deals with us from now onwards.", I told and Coral nodded.

"Miss Kim, what shall we do now?"

"Call a meeting. Now. ", I commanded.

*****

"I am looking forward to your answers. Why are you all so quiet like a mouse?!", My sharp voice echoed in the silent conference hall.