16: Meeting With Dad

Kiara

"Uhm. . . So what do you want to drink?", I asked, trying to ease the tension in the room.

Jungkook and I were in my mansion right now. My father who had arrived today morning in Korea couldn't care less about the jet lag. He was sitting on the couch opposite us, staring at Jungkook sternly.

Jungkook was stiff under my father's gaze as he looked at anywhere but my father and the silence was overwhelming.

My question was quickly answered by both of them.

"Tea.", Jungkook said.

"Coffee.", My father said at the same time.

They both stared at each other. My father glared more at Jungkook.

"Okay, alright. Coming up.", I got up from my seat which was beside Jungkook, and headed to the kitchen to tell the maid to prepare the drinks.

I decided to hide in the kitchen to escape dad's questions but clearly, luck wasn't on my side because he called me right after 2 minutes.

"Kiara!", Dad called. "Come here."

"I am cooking dad!", I responded from the kitchen.

"You don't even know how to boil water! What are you doing in the kitchen?", Dad yelled.

Crap. I completely forgot that.

Guess I can't avoid the questions now.

I sighed and went to the living room. I sat beside Jungkook who relaxed after knowing that I was here.

"You married yesterday?", Dad asked.

I merely nodded.

"And you didn't care to tell me?"

I again nodded. He gave me a sharp stare and I said, "It was sudden."

"Why didn't you tell me? It mustn't have been so sudden that you couldn't even care to inform your father. ", He asked.

"Because. . . .Because I thought that you wouldn't prefer my choice.", I said, making my voice extra sad.

Dad's eyes softened.

"Why won't I?"

"So, you like him?", I asked immediately.

"No. Not after marrying without informing me."

"Dad, I'm sorry. Sincerely sorry. I know I should have informed you but it happened so suddenly.", I replied.

"Kiara, I know that it's your life and it's your choice of who you want to marry. I can't protest against that. What's done is done. I just had a dream of providing you the grandest marriage ever and you being married like this just didn't sit well with me."

"I am sorry.", I replied and felt a bit guilty for lying to him. But I couldn't tell him the truth.

"It's fine. I want to ask some questions. Is that fine with you, Mr. Jeon?"

"Please call me Jungkook, Sir and  I am perfectly fine with it.", Jungkook said.

"Why did you two decide to marry all of a sudden?"

I had added some tint to my cheeks today while doing my makeup because I had to be a shy blushing woman who is madly in love with her husband. Otherwise, my dad won't buy it.

"Because we realized. . .", I said, acting shy.  "That we couldn't live without each other."

Oh God, I want to puke.