13: Getting Married

Kiara

I was getting married today.

To Jeon Jungkook.

As crazy as it seems.

I never was a person who thought about settling down, marrying, and having kids. But I was getting married today. Though it was a fake one, a marriage of convenience, it was still a marriage. Unbelievable.

I smacked myself on my forehead, thinking why I had made such a ridiculous decision.

I hadn't gotten a wink of sleep since the last two days. Guess the reason? Sparks and that stranger.

My mind constantly drifted off to that stranger with sparks. I had spent the hours of my sleep thinking about that stranger who made me feel weird things, whose touch pushed me to the brink of insanity.

I concealed the last of those heavy eyebags with makeup and cursed him. Damn him and his sparks!

Jungkook had texted me last night telling me to arrange my certificates required for registering our marriage. I was really furious at him for not telling me this sooner because I had to spend a lot of time finding my documents. I had prepared them and I was going to his mansion today where we would meet his personal lawyer.

I was getting married today.

I sighed. It was a court marriage, nothing strenuous like those normal weddings which I was thankful for. But the thought of it still made me nervous. I took a couple of deep breaths to calm myself down.

After today, I would be labeled as a married woman. I would be fine being a bachelorette for my whole life to be honest. But Jeon Jungkook just had to come and ruin things for me.

My morning wasn't going well and my mood was the worst.

First of all, I hadn't gotten any sleep.

Second, I tripped on the stairs and scraped my knee. That shit hurt.

Third, I burnt my tongue while drinking coffee.

Fourth, my mom called me reminding me that the wedding was just three days away. I was so excited to attend it! Please note the sarcasm.

Fifth, I was getting married today.

I was exhausted, both physically and mentally. I just wanted to curl up in a ball and go to sleep.

Sleep. Sleep is what I needed right now.

I groaned in frustration as I shoved my mobile phone inside my handbag. Couldn't we just cancel this damn wedding for today? Ugh.

I was really pissed and irritated. He could have come himself but no, he is the bloody crown prince of Busan and His Highness can't go through the trouble to come meet me himself.

Of all the bloody days, he needed me to sign the bloody marriage papers today?!

Only another 1% of shares added in my name could make me feel happy right now.

Kevin drove me to Jungkook's mansion and I tried to cool down during those minutes. I took a couple of deep breaths so that I wouldn't burst out in anger in front of His Highness.

Before I realized it, I was already in front of his study. I knocked on the door and after I heard his response, I entered the room.

My eyes met the sight of Jungkook who was seated on a chair behind his mahogany desk while going through the book that he was reading. He was wearing glasses.