* Chapter 12 *

When returning from battle, [Name] had been upset about her unfinished business with Upper Moon three. Others noticed this very easily, [Name] accepted any mission before anyone else, so she could have an opportunity to run into Akaza.

"Tomioka-san, is [Name] okay? She doesn't seem like herself lately!" Mitsuri said with tears coming out of her eyes shaking Giyuu back and forth. Giyuu stared at her blankly, "She'll be fine." he shortly answered before walking away from Mitsuri.
Mitsuri watched Giyuu walking away before sighing, she was worried for her dear friend. She decided once [Name] returns from her mission, she'll visit. Mitsuri just hopes she doesn't get called for a mission before [Name] comes.

The Flame Pillar wasn't fully healed, his wounds were just closed to stop the bleeding. His left eye was gone, but he didn't mind it he was wearing an eye patch for it.

Tanjiro and the trio have been knocked out since the battle. They were hurt badly but still alive that's all that matters.

[Name] was walking through the wisteria forest only to see a familiar boy laying on the ground looking up at the clouds. He turned his head sensing a presence around him only to see a woman he remembered, "What do you want?" he asked her. She only smiled at him before sitting beside him, it felt so wrong sitting next to Michikatsu's descendent. She wonders what happened to his children and wife. "Nothing, I just want to sit here beside you for a moment," she answered honestly before looking up at the clouds as well. They were beautiful, the sky was a mixture of orange and pink, and the faded clouds added onto it, "What a beautiful cruel world we live in." [Name] said out of nowhere.

Muichiro only glanced at her before looking back at the clouds, 'Yes. It is.' he thought before sitting up, [Name] raised her hand before slowly bringing it down, and a rabbit came running towards him. His eyes widened and immediately looked at [Name]. [Name] softly smiled at the sight, he looked at her like he didn't know what to do. [Name] grabbed the rabbit and placed it in Muichiro's lap.

To [Name], Muichiro was the son she never got to have. So whenever she got the chance she would do anything to at least make him enjoy his time. He's a young boy who deserves a better life, and not to be surrounded by demons and swords all the time.

Muichiro hesitantly petted the rabbit before letting out a small smile.
-

[Name] came back from a mission relaxing on a tree, and now she realized why the Serpent Pillar enjoyed it so much.

She closed her eyes for a moment not realizing she fell asleep. The darkness soon began to fade as a bright sun was shown before she got up from the ground to see a faded figure waving at her, and a small figure was holding the taller figure's hand before getting picked up and placed on the taller figure's hip.

[Name] eyebrows furrowed as she tried to make her vision clearer in what she was seeing. Her vision slowly got clearer as she saw the middle-aged version of Yoriichi smiling at her, and what it looks like to be her sons back facing towards her way, laying on Yoriichi's shoulder. The house she and Yoriichi built behind them, her eyes widened and a gasp escaped her lips as she tried stepping close voices were echoing around the area, "Let me go!!... I... I said-!" a voice screamed. "You're too noisy. So shut up" a familiar voice said.

[Name] eyes shot open as she quickly checked where she was, she was still in one of the trees near the Butterfly Estate.
"Stop please!!" "Please let her go!" Little girls' voices yelled. [Name] walked towards the sound where the commotion was coming from, only to see Kanao grabbing onto two girls who were being held by Uzui. Aoi and Naho.

"Kanao.." Aoi said with tears in her eyes. "Miss Kanao..." The two little girls said at the same time. "Don't be such a bore. You got orders earlier didn't you?" Uzui said looking back at her, but Kanao stayed silent. "Say something! You stuck up pig!" Uzui yelled making all the little girls scream and attack him.

Tanjiro came by and started yelling at Uzui about to attack him with a headbutt but failed, Uzui was now on top of a roof.

"Let go of Aoi and Naho, you kidnapper!" Tanjiro yelled and the other girls agreed yelling. "Why you..! You talkin' to me?! I'm your superior officer! I'm a Hashira, you jerk!" Uzui yelled back angrily. "I don't recognize you as a Hashira! HMPH!" Tanjiro yelled back.

"DON'T YOU "HMPH" ME!! SO WHAT IF YOU DON'T RECOGNIZE ME?! YOU'RE JUST AN UNDERLING! HAS YOUR BRAIN EXPLODED?! I need a corpse member for a mission, so I'm taking her! She isn't a tsuguko, so I don't need Kocho's permission." Uzui yelled.

"Naho isn't a corps member! She isn't wearing a corps uniform is she?!" Kiyo yelled. The Sound Hashira looked back at the little girl named "Naho" and saw she didn't wear a corps uniform, "Then I don't need her," he said before throwing her down from the roof.

[Name] appeared in front to catch Naho just in time, "WAHHH! HE DROPPED ME!" Naho cried out in [Name]'s arms. [Name] looked up at Uzui with disappointment.

"DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT TSUGIKUNI! For now, I'm taking Aoi on a mission. She doesn't look useful, but she's basically a corps member." Uzui said having the girl on his shoulder gasp in fear.

"People have different needs and abilities! You can't just use them as you like with no regard for them at all! Let Aoi go!" Tanjiro yelled.

"Tepid. You're lukewarm. The Demon Slayer Corps is getting weaker because of new members like you who rattle like that" Uzui rolled his eyes .

"Than take me," [Namw] called out carefully placing Kiyo down near the other two little girls. Uzui turned to [Name] with a grin, 'She will be useful Tsugikuni has good looks and strong combat abilities.' Uzui thought. Uzui threw Aoi down making her scream, but [Name] easily caught her as well carefully placing her down.

"Take me as well! I'll go along with Zenitsu and Inosuke!" Tanjiro yelled and as he yelled that, Inosuke and Zenitsu came running in.

"...Whatever you guys come with me, including you Miss Tsugikuni"

made on: 12/28/20
edited on: 2/6/23