I can't do this

Alec P/O/V:

I smile but not as brightly as Lydia who stands in front of me. She looks beautiful but all I can think of is Y/N and how beautiful she would look in a wedding dress. Lydia takes the stele of the silent brother and holds it to the glowing stone. She takes my hand in hers and I jump slightly when the doors open at the end of the room. I turn and Magnus saunters in he turns obviously expecting someone else to be with him. He turns and grabs someones hand pulling them gently into the room.

My heart stops for a moment, Y/N. I stare at her confused for a moment then look at Lydia trying to get a full breath of air into my lungs. "I can't breath." I manage to take several deep breaths and turn to Lydia "I'm so sorry. I can't do this." she smiles slightly "You don't have to explain, neither of us wanted this. It was our parents decision not ours." I nod slightly "Thank you." she nods and smiles "Go." I nod and turn fully looking Y/N in the eye.

I start walking forward and Maryse stands "Alec what are you doing?" I wave my hand at her "Enough." she stops looking stunned and I continue walking forward. Y/N takes several steps forward a small smile blooming on her face "I'm so sorry. Can you forgive me?" she smiles slightly "You owe me an explanation." I nod and cup her face gently "I know." 

Leaning forward I kiss her gently moving my hands down to her waist as hers tangle in my hair. The kiss deepens and I pull her closer. After a minute I pull away slightly grinning before kissing her once more softer this time and only for a second. "There all watching us." she nods slightly and takes one off my hands in hers squeezing it gently "I don't care." she smiles warmly and kisses my cheek "I don't think your mum likes me very much." I shrug slightly "Well she'll just have to deal with the fact I'm not marrying Lydia and that my heart belongs to you."

Her cheeks turn red and I grin "Come on I have a lot of explaining to do. And I should probably give Lydia a proper apology it wasn't very fair to her or you. Huh I owe a lot of people apologies." she giggles slightly which is adorable and we walk over to Jace, Izzy and Clary.