Advice

(time skip 1 week)

I sigh and pull on my leather jacket. Izzy sighs "Your not coming to the wedding?" I shake my head "I can't." she nods and hugs me "So your not going to tell Alec how you feel?" I shake my head again "No, he seems happy with Lydia. I'm not going to say anything." she smiles sadly "I'll see you later then." Clary walks over "Y/N your not wearing your dress?" I shake my head "I'm not coming." she smiles obviously understanding and hugs me "I'll see you later." I nod and grab my phone and stele "Bye." 

I walk outside and head to Magnus's not really knowing why. I knock on the door and Magnus opens it smiling brightly "Hey Y/N." I hug him tightly and he hugs back "You okay?" I shake my head but can't get the words out so just stay hugging him tightly. "Come and sit down, I'll fix you a drink."

Sitting heavily on the sofa Magnus walks over to a bottle filled with an amber liquid. "Looks like you need somethings strong." he hands me a glass and I don't bother smelling it before I down half of it "Thanks." he nods and sits next to me "Now tell me what happened?" I sigh and take another sip before telling him everything about Alec and how he's getting married. He looks at me shocked "What on earth led him to do that?" I shrug downing the rest of my drink "I don't know."

He sighs and wraps an arm around my shoulders "Sounds like you need to find something fabulous to wear." I stare at him confused and he grins "Sweetheart we have a wedding to crash, come on." I gape at him "What?" he takes my hands in his pulling me up "Come on, lets find you a dress and I'll do your makeup. How long do we have until the wedding starts?" I continue to stare at him confused "It starts at noon why?" 

"I already told you why. Alec is going to realize how wrong he was to dump you. He clearly loves you and is about to make the most stupid decision of his life. As much as I hate him for hurting you, it is clear that he is not doing this wedding willingly. Now come on we have to find you a dress." He waves his hands and they glow blue. I look down and I am now wearing a knee length (f/c) dress. "Really?" Magnus nods "Don't fret you look gorgeous. Okay makeup..." I sigh "I don't think I can do this. He proposed to her, obviously he cares for her." Magnus pouts slightly "He does not care about her not in the way you think anyway."

I stare at him and sigh "Izzy called you didn't she?" he smiles slightly "We may have spoken briefly." his hands glow once more and he leads me over to a mirror "See you look beautiful. Now come on." he grabs a coat and leads me out the apartment "Dad I can't." he smiles warmly "If what Izzy told me is true then you need to do this for you and Alec." I sigh and step closer "Dad what do you know that I don't?" he smiles mischief glinting in his eyes "Please just trust me."

He opens a portal and holds out his hand after a moment I take it and let him pull me through. We are now both standing outside the institute "Well the wedding started five minutes ago so we are going to be fashionably late."