Meeting the lightwoods

I smile up at the large building that appears in front of me and head up the vast steps. I push open the door and smile looking around me. In front of me, there is a stern looking women I give her a small smile which she doesn't return. "Hello." I say she nods "You must be Y/N from the London Institute." I nod at her "That's me." she gives a small smile "Follow me."

She turns and I follow her into a large room full of computers. I follow her to the end of the room where a small group of people my age consisting of two male and two female. The women gestures at them "This is Clary, Jace and my son Alec and my daughter Isabel." I smile at them and they smile back except for Alec who scowls.

The women leaves and Isabel approaches me "Hi, I'm Izzy you must be Y/N," I nod "Welcome to New York." I smile "Thanks." she grabs my hand and drags me over to the other girl Clary. She waves slightly "Hello." Izzy grabs my hand again and says "Come on I'll show you where you will be staying." She starts dragging me down a corridor. I walk quickly to catch up so that I am not being dragged.

"Can you please let go of my arm?" She laughs "Sorry, we haven't had a visitor from London in a long time." I smile "Thank you." I look at her out of the corner of my eye. She has long flowing dark hair and wears heels and a short black dress thing on.

She stops outside a large oak door and pushes it open "Here we are" I smile "Thanks." Inside the room is a double bed, desk, wardrobe and an adjoining bathroom. There is also my three bags containing my clothes, weapons and other possessions. Izzy leaves and I put my things away leaving only the third bag that contains my bow and quiver. 

I walk out of my room and decide to walk around the institute. I find Alec in the training room shooting at one of the targets. I pick up a bow and sling a quiver over my shoulder "You like archery too?" he turns and nods before turning back to the target. I stand behind him and shoot at the target never missing the centre. "Your good." I smile "Thanks. Not to bad yourself." I take a couple of seconds to look at him. He has jet black hair and dazzling blue eyes, he is also very tall and my head only just reaches his chin.

He smiles slightly. It makes his eyes light up slightly. "So archery is your main weapon?" I nod "Yes but I'm alright with knives as well." He raises an eyebrow "Care for a little challenge?" I shrug "Sure." he puts his bow down and goes over to a table covered in knives. "Choose three," he says picking up three himself. I walk over and pick up three long slim knives. "First one to hit all three targets on the count of three."

 I smile "Sure." I plant my feet and put to of the knives in my right hand and one in my left. "One," I say "Two." he says there is a slight pause then he says "Three." I throw all the knives at once and hit all the targets whilst Alec is still on his second. I laugh and he smiles slightly again "Well I guess you won" he puts his last knife down and shrugs "Where did you learn that?" I shrug "My Dad." 

I walk away and head back to my room. Over the next couple of days, I get to know Clary and Izzy pretty well. During training, I keep catching Alec staring at me but looking away when he realises I am staring back. I have a growing crush on the eldest lightwood but will probably never tell anyone. Izzy keeps trying to make me wear these stupidly short dress things but I keep on refusing.