The Truth

I lead Alec to my room and shut the door gently before sitting on the edge of my bed pulling him down next to me. "I don't think I can ever apologize enough for hurting you." I smile softly "Just explain." he nods "My mother told me that I should get married and think of the family. Apparently 18 is the perfect marriage age. She said that it was either me or Izzy who got the arranged marriage. I couldn't do that to Izzy so I agreed to the marriage to Lydia. It killed me to hurt you when I love you so much but I thought it was the best option, I have never been more wrong. The whole time I just felt incredibly guilty at hurting you and trapping Lydia in a loveless marriage. Again I'm so sorry."

I sigh and lean my head on his shoulder squeezing his hand in mine "Please don't lie to me again." he nods "I promise, I don't want to lose you again. My mother will just have to deal with successful relationships and not arranged marriages that make her look good." I nod kissing his cheek "I love you Alec." he grins "I love you too."

 I lean closer brushing my lips over his before slipping into his lap wrapping my arms around his neck "Thanks for telling me the truth." he grins "The truth is I'm a idiot who loves you." I giggle kissing him once more "At least we no longer have to hide from your parents or anyone else for that matter." he nods wrapping his arms around my waist "Thank you for crashing my wedding." I laugh "Your very welcome." 

There's a knock at the door and I hastily climb of Alec's lap walking over "Hey Izzy." she grins "Well you certainly look happy?" I nod "Thanks for telling Magnus about everything." she nods "Your not mad?" I shake my head giving her a hug "Nope." she grins "Great, do you want to come to dinner with us?" I glance at Alec who shakes his head slightly "No thanks, a lot has happened today I think we're going to stay in." she nods "See you later."

I shut the door gently walking back over to Alec and lay down "Do you want to stay?" he smiles "Are you comfortable with that?." I nod and he kicks of his shoes before starting to remove his shirt and tie "You know, you look very handsome in a tux." he grins "Thanks." I nod and grab my pajamas from under my pillow before walking into the bathroom and changing. I walk back out and lay down next to Alec turning to face him "I can't believe you are supposed to be married right now." he chuckles wrapping his arms around my waist "Can we please not talk about that." I nod "Sorry." I move closer and close my eyes "I love you Y/N, I promise I will never let my mother come between us again." I smile sleepily "I love you too."