Think what is best

Alec P/O/V:

I finish writing my report and send it to Maryse before walking towards my room "Alec." I stop and turn "Mother." She smiles tightly "Can I talk to you for a moment?" I nod "Of course." I follow her into the office "Is there a problem mother?" she smiles "You are now eighteen years olds, and my eldest son. Your father and I both agreed that it is time for you to take a wife. There is a clave emboy visiting next week, Lydia Branwell, we think she would be perfect."

I stare at her blankly "What?" she smiles tightly "Alec, you are no longer a child and need to think about what is best for our family." I scowl "And you expect me to marry a women I've never met?" she smiles "The arrangements have already been made with her parents. You have one week to get to know her and propose." she falls silent obviously waiting for me to answer but I say nothing continuing to stare blankly, she sighs "Alec think what is best. Either you go through with the marriage or it is Isabel that will have the arranged marriage."

"What, you can't do that to her!" she smiles smugly already knowing she has won "Good, I expect you to greet the emboy warmly." I nod tightly "Of course." she smiles satisfied "Excellent I will contact her parents immediately and tell them the wedding is under way." I frown crossing my arms "Does Lydia know?" she nods "I believe so. But no one else does and it's going to stay that way." I nod and stalk out the room clenching my fists at my sides.

Not really looking where I'm looking I nearly walk into Jace. "Hey, are you alright?" I nod trying to keep my face neutral "Fine, you seen Y/N anywhere?" he nods "She was just heading to the library." I smile slightly in thanks and he grabs my arm "What's wrong?" I sigh and run a hand through my hair "Just a little tired." he grins "Then stop working and go to sleep." I smile slightly and squeeze his shoulder gently "Thanks." he grins "Happy to help." he walks away and I head to the library. How can I talk to Y/N. I can't marry Lydia. I love Y/N and I can't hurt her. I scowl and stop walking, what am I doing? I lean against the nearest wall. Think of Izzy, I can't make her have an arranged marriage. No matter how I feel I can't do that to my little sister.