The truth

Your P/O/V:

The rest passes in a blur a missions and avoiding Alec at all costs. When ever I see him I get a jolt of pain in my chest. Izzy and Clary have both been helping me through the break up and I can sort of manage to stay in the same room with him. Izzy seems to be hiding something but I don't question her about it and focus on my work and killing demons. 

Tomorrow a emboy from the clave is arriving and Maryse has been ordering everyone around making sure everything is ready. Apparently we are not capable of running an institute without someone bellowing orders. Sighing I fall onto my bed, exhausted from a day of training. "Y/N?" I lift my head slightly "Hey Izzy." she smiles "How you coping?" I shrug "I'm a lot better, thank you." 

She nods walking over and sitting next to me. "I know I shouldn't but you need to know the truth. I love my brother but he is stubborn." I sit up fully staring at her "Izzy what aren't you telling me?" she sighs taking my hands in hers "Alec only broke up with you because of our Mother. She told him he had to get married to Lydia or I would be the one with an arranged marriage." I stare at her in shock and she continues "Alec loves you so much. But he believes what he is doing is the right thing."

"Izzy I..." she smiles "You need to talk to him, I can live with an arranged marriage. But I can't live knowing my brother and one of my best friends are unhappy." I squeeze her hands gently "Izzy I can't do that to you. Alec knows what he is doing, I can live with his decision." she frowns "So your going to let him get married?" I nod "I'm sure he will be very happy and so will you." she shakes her head "What about you?" I shrug and pull her into a hug "Izzy I love Alec but I also love you. I want you both to be happy."

She shakes her head pulling away "Alec isn't happy." I sigh "He seemed fine." she shakes her head again "He's hurting more than you know. But he hides it so that mum doesn't get suspicious." I smile sadly "Alec has made his decision and I have made mine." she nods slightly and I hug her again. "Thanks for telling me the truth." she sighs "Are you going to be okay?" I nod "I'll be fine."

We pull apart again and she smiles "I'm glad you know. Just please don't tell Alec, he'd probably kill me." I laugh "He wouldn't, but your secrete is safe with me." she nods and stands "Please think about it, I don't want either of you to regret your decision." I nod "I'll think about it." she smiles and leaves. I sigh and lay back on my bed, what should I do?