I'm sorry

Your P/O/V:

I wander through the shelves and pick up a couple of books bringing them over to the main table. The door opens and I turn smiling brightly "Hey Alec." I skip over and kiss him gently putting my arms around his neck "Are you alright? You seem tense." he smiles tightly removing my arms "I'm fine." I smile looking him in the eyes "What's wrong?" 

He stares at a point over the top of my head "We have to break up." I freeze staring at him in shock "What?" he frowns "We can't be together." I shake my head slightly stepping back "Alec what are you talking about?" he steps away "We can't be together I'm sorry." I cross my arms "Is this because of my father?" he nods slightly "Yes, my mother wouldn't approve and I have to think of what is best for my family."

I shake my head already feeling tears falling down my face "Alec, what happened? This morning you said everything was fine." he nods "Well I was wrong I don't think this is going to work out." I nod once and stifle a sob putting a hand over my mouth "Excuse me." I run out the library to my room and lock the door before collapsing on my bed and crying into my pillow hugging it close. What happened? Everything was fine. 

There's a light knock on the door and I choke out "Go away." hugging my pillow tightly "It's Izzy." I sit up "I don't want to talk." there's silence for a moment then she says "Either you open the door or I barge it down!" I stand and drag my feet over to the door opening it slowly wiping my sleeve across my face. "What?" she smiles sadly and wraps her arms around me gently "Clary heard everything." I lean my head against her shoulder "I don't know what I did." she hugs me tighter "You didn't do anything. Alec loves you, I don't know what happened. But I have a vague idea."

Clary appears and smiles sadly joining us in a group hug. "We're going to have a girls night!" I smile slightly "I'd like that." they both pull away and I wipe my face again "Sorry, I got your shirt wet." Izzy shrugs "Don't worry about it. I will be right back, but first I need to go yell at my brother." 

Izzy P/O/V:

I stalk down the corridor to Jace's room and slam my hand against the door "Jace open up." the door opens and he smiles slightly "Do you know what is wrong with him?" I nod and he opens the door further "He left about ten minuets ago. Said he was going on a walk." I scowl "Did he say where he was going?" he shakes his head "What happened?" I sigh "Summed up. He was dating Y/N and now he isn't." he gapes "They where dating?" I nod "It was kind of a secrete." 

He nods slightly "He looked terrible." I scowl and leave him walking out the institute tracking Alec to a bench in a nearby park. There are tears streaming down his face and he looks awful. I forget my anger and sit next to him wrapping my arms around his shoulders "What happened?" he leans his head on my chest "I can't tell you." I sigh "Alec I'm your sister and you were so happy with Y/N. What happened?"

"Mum." I scowl and pull away looking him in the eyes "What did she say to you!?" he shakes his head "I can't tell you." I glare at him "Yes you can." he lets out a shuddering breath "She's arranged for me to get married. It was either you or me. I couldn't do that to you." I stare at him a moment before pulling him back in for a hug "Alec you shouldn't have. You love Y/N, you should be with her. It doesn't matter what happens to me. You found true love." He shakes his head "I have to, its the only way you stay free." I hold him tighter and we sit there in silence for a long while.