Chapter 12 - Right in the nerves!

Placing them on the Mach Trucks which we had first used as our mobile base, we linked all of them. With 3 such trucks carrying the sound systems over their roofs will move through the city, more like a military parade as even troopers will be walking sides and ahead of the truck! And in honor of the fallen, We will be holding the Symbol Flags of our units, as a honorary stand for the ones who are not with us today.....The Sound Systems will be blasting The National Anthem loud by speakers as we will be marching ahead with the Symbol Flags of Both Urban Warfare Squad, Elite Police Unit and also the Police Department of the city with unfortunately no one of them with us today. We will not really hold the National flag because at the moment, the National Anthem is a lot enough for all. With 3 Trucks moving round each in different parts of the city, as we too will be marching.....It was nearly 4AM with right at the 11th Hour Operation Volt was declared as a flawless success, we were marching on the streets with pride in heart and honor to the fallen. With the National Anthem blasting through the speakers, the people came in the windows and they did respond too as many were giving us an applause and salutes meanwhile others were cheering for us! Yet we were marching unhindered right through the streets. That was one moment I felt in my life that my dad should have been here to see it, but its fine as he was working in a different nation at an Executive Post which would have been pretty tough for me to reach if I had continued as a Senior engineer in my life. But I was still sure that dad was going to be proud listening to this later in news! As we were still marching through the streets, we all were rounding the city as we didn't at all stop until all of us marched once again through every street of the city meanwhile people were overjoyed as they were able to see the marches again! Because the phase of distress was overcome finally after all of situations... And now as we decided to take our final break near in a public park, one I always used to visit on weekends earlier. We all were here nearly 60 Troopers with all of the Paramilitary units too. As we were literally just chilling out here as half of us were all exhausted because we didn't had ate anything since morning. With established contacts with State Government officials and the paramilitary department, we were going to be relieved soon ahead from this long and tiring mission, which was a great success!

As the government officials and the State Police troopers came to our point and relieved us, even the News Media had reached here. A cold dawn and we were still waiting in the same park as the paramilitary unit still had to reach to us to relieve us from duty here. Not having a lots of energy left to stand as we told them about how we completed Operation Volt flawlessly with I was the spotlight made by these guys with General Sam putting me in the portrait of the mind behind this success, which was actually true!  Only few of us who were awake yet were keeping the watch as others were down as many were down with exhaustion yet standing strong! Yet even I felt like I would fall the next moment as my sleep was taking over me now! But still I decided to still stay awake with all!

Operation Volt which was planned of 18 hours was completed flawlessly in 11 hours counting without even a single causality. With every of person from the Assault team, the intelligence and the Medical team and the SIGINT team too with many from the Elite Police department who had took a huge lead in the management during all of the time in these raids, and every of that Urban Warfare trooper with General Sam was the reason we had made out to this day here! Now the point on the City's Authority was bringing back normal life. Now even as the city's authority was broken shattered when the Mayor was assassinated like a month ago in the state of distress. And that's something which led to total terrorising effect in the city with citizen curfew already in act. The State Governor provided relief in the city as supplies came in from other cities of the state. 

 I guess some government officials were having a talk with other of troopers with Kate actually taking the lead in that talk! Kind of heart felt proud! As I tried not to interrupt them, one of my own teammate spotted me as I was going through the sides and called by my name which made all eyes look at me. And then Kate saying – "And the mind behind this whole success and even the action is right there!" with which the government officials came towards me walking as they made a handshake first and then just said – "Sorry to disturb your break here. We are State Government officials and we really want to thank you for this one. Right now we will really not disturb your rest here. Is there any way we can help you here?" to which I said – "There are surely a few things we need to get done, but not right now. I will put the information soon as they will be a priority. For now just make sure that you take the control over City's authority for now." To which they responded – "Absolutely yes, Sir. No worries. You have made a huge contribution to the city today. We will carry out the arrangements here." As then with another hand shake we ended our conversation here.