Chapter 4 - Down in flames

My plan was placing division 3 troopers in one escort vehicle with 1 prisoner in it, a decoy prisoner and direct their vehicle to a prison facility totally empty, not even a single person on the prison. Meanwhile the second group of 2 escort vehicles will diverge from the Division 3 troopers before they reach their target and will actually intercept at the point where the exchange was going to take place. Here if the Division 3 troopers are actually loyal, they won't leave the target zone until my command. But if not, the decoy prisoner's life won't be in risk because there is actually no prisoner inside that vehicle! Setting a decoy prisoner escort didn't mean that we actually had to set a prisoner in it, they were told that they would carry the prisoners to another destination after we reach that same target zone.

Day of action. Division 3 troopers were way more armed than we had issued and expected. According to plan, the Division 3 troopers are the first ones to reach the decoy target zone and wait for our command while my assault team will actually conduct safe switch of prisoners with General Sam's Armed Service Retrieval Unit's. After the exchange was completed, our fate had just entered the play now!

A radio contact with Division 3 who was supposed to be waiting for our escort....things didn't go the way I did ever expect when they said – "Sir we are waiting for the escort, ambush targets neutralized."....Ambush? Did they really face a ambush while on their way? I reported back my command as – "Objective accomplished, the prisoners have reached their target zone and currently are under supervision of Armed Service Units. We had an objective change on our way made by Armed Service unit In Command General." It was a small moment of silence from their side before they responded back like –"Affirmative sir. Returning to base ground.". A response acceptable enough. An hour past as we had already reached our department Building and there was no trace of these Division 3 troopers...Where are all? Even their radio contact was not established after our last response. The whole department trying to figure out the situation and attempting to establish a contact. Division 3 who had hardly 8 Troopers with my assault division having counting a Team of 7 Elite troopers....where did these guys go?

Soon, we got a news we didn't ever expect. City's Police department reported multiple explosions at varied places in the city. This report reached to us by a radio intercept made by a Division 3 trooper saying – "Sir, we were ambushed in heavy fire on their way and on neutralizing, we found Wired Explosives ready to trigger. So we divided our division into 2 groups when they came to know about the first explosion. Right now my group is in an Industrial Facility near the east of city as they heard rumors of suspicious packages reached to them. Other team also had received rumors about another location which was inside the city. Sir, we might need backup as we are locked in heavy fire and hostage situation here in the industrial facility"...My quick response – "Affirmative. We have your location. Back up incoming".

Here it was no intelligence in taking a whole squad of you for backup of when you already have rumors of having multiple potential explosions. Under my command, I divided the assault team in 3 groups from which a group of 3 elite troopers will go for Police's Assistance and other 2 groups of 2 people each will go to provide backup to Division 3's groups. First the group of 3 Elite troopers was arranged and was sent to Police assistance. Then I was joined by Kate as a group and we headed towards the marked location, the industrial facility on the east of the city....coincidently the place where I had worked as a Senior engineer before I joined the Elite Police, an industrial facility whose each corner was knew by me! The last group was ordered to provide backup to the other group of Division 3 on any incoming contact by them! Kate was driving the Department's pursuit vehicle in a speed high enough to reach alive, without any injuries or accidents? On our way there to the target location where a group of Division 3 troopers were pinned down, I contacted General Sam about the situation and asked for backup. In immediate I got an affirmative response from him. For the first time, I had never saw a driver as professional as Kate as the control she actually had on the vehicle in such a high speed with the vehicle already meant to be driven in high speeds pursuits.