Chapter 18 - Solidarity

Me – How you manage to do this right one moment before I was going to start up with the event? Not sure how much to trust you.....what's the meet up place now?

Sam – don't mind to see both of us blending in the perfect cloak. We'll be meeting you right in the hall. Just be prepared to meet us and keep your eyes vigilant. The plan on which we want to collaborate with you is more of emotions rather than actions....and you are the only person who can do it.

Me – What if I say that I want to see J. Bassett with my own eyes right in the middle of this hall? And I promise that I still won't break his personality secret here yet. Can you dare to do it?

Anonymous voice – Dare accepted.

And then the call ended. And now sure this isn't something you expect on a day when you are trying to be happy with everyone else! Just goddamn why!

Yet I didn't have a single spec of fear about this point as I was acting all normal and prepared for the awards function because there were like 30 of Officers here who had a rank promotion or an award to claim for their service.

First to start with.....A Honored tribute to General Walker was made. And after his name, a division of Para-commando Unit in Armed Service units was renamed as "Walker's Division" known to be the finest of para-commando divisions of Armed Service Units.

One after one as both me and General Bassett were giving the awards and rank promotions. Finally there came the moment of calm when everyone was talking with others enjoying the fabulous dinner of the night. As I stood with every one of my department with 'Knity' and Kate busy clicking pictures of us. Seems like the New Brigadier was starting to love her new rank just as everyone was! Everyone was happy! And so was I regardless one side of my mind was still practicing vigilant surveillance looking for round the hall.

Even though most of officers were real eager to have a talks with me meanwhile I was half busy looking out for hints Sam had given me. Still I didn't break my normal nature as I was equally communicative with them.

At one moment a waiter staff member came to me presenting a glass of wine on his plate just as they were serving the same for all. I didn't actually wanted to take one of them expect this time I had to make a difference because in one of the glass I saw a glass of different type. This notified me clearly that this is a hint towards me. Lifting that different glass as I looked towards the waiter who seems to be a pretty senior in age.......not as old as Sam but old enough. And when he was just passing by, he whispered – "Dare Complete"

REALIZED! It was J. Bassett. Kate's and General Bassett's father. The person who had gone undercloak since last 17 years after that one planned raid! He's here and he's still alive? And regardless now.......what's the objective they got to speak?

Immediately I called up Sam but his phone seemed to be on silent. And then again now another waiter came towards me with a receiving place where you can put your used glass. At first moment I failed to recognize but then soon I realized that it was Sam who had come here in the same cloak. As he was just passing me be once again, he waited sides me for a moment and before going he dropped a card. It was a business card but behind it was a message written saying – "One final time....."

So if this is the location they are planning to get our talk at a certain period. I cannot leave this event and just return. Now I guess I need to go up with an emergency plan.....and that is, decoy.