Chapter 16 - Life_of_a_Operator

Half of my mind focused on a deep regret in my life meanwhile other phase of my life was regretting every single second I served under command in my life meanwhile I was just stressing out been on the hospital bed meanwhile 'Knity' was confused and was trying to normalize me as I was now down in tears. It was a moment where I was losing my own control over my emotions.....a extremely tough time to accept with if I was the reason of loyal servicemen getting killed under my command. For now......I was desperate to get out of this bed and search out for truths, as now there's only one guy to whom I had questions left for.....

A couple of days later when I was finally discharged from the hospital and returning to my house where Kate stayed with me along with 'Knity'. And to our help, Knity's satellite operator......I mean her boyfriend too asked to help them out. And it was the first time when he introduced to me – "George K. Hensley, Sir! Satellite operator for First Lieutenant Field Operator Miss 'Knity'! Looking forward to serve with you!" to which I said – "She's our Senior Operator for Intelligence Squad now, and a Class II Officer from now. Welcome to my department, First Lieutenant Satellite operator. Yeah, very well. By the way we have a vacancy in our family too and I guess you would be the one destined to be elected for it by her I guess! Don't be shy though! You are welcomed in my house!"

Both didn't knew they were promoted before they joined in my department.

And it was a moment when both George and 'Knity' were shying and blushing all red on face! Meanwhile as I tried to change the topic by trying to introduce them to my cat...as I tried to look for her meanwhile she was glued to Kate. Yeah seems like she really loves Kate! Well, never mind I'll look forward for the introduction some other day!

Back here where now we all were having like a family moment.....meanwhile yet my mind was trying to overcome my recent thinking from the letter. Well, I guess this was the time when I had the freedom to go out and question the person who would surely have the answers about the same. Because even now here when I may be enjoying a family moment, behind my smile lies a soul struggling to know the truth behind my actions.

Bracing myself with strength as within next few days I got back in action. On returning in my department as I saw General Sam and General Bassett waiting for me for a promotional celebration this time! By a confidential order, death of General Walker was termed as "K.I.A" with him receiving a Full Honors Funeral the day I was admitted in a medical Centre. With him been one of the most respected foes I did ever fought after Tachibana.......

I didn't have the strength to stand in front of his grave after reading his letter.

But surely he did left a message for me......and it clearly said – "I'll hold the line now." As here my heart was still suffering with the words of the letter.....Meanwhile here when we celebrated the victory of our final "Foe". Not everyone did know that this is not where our game ends......we still have a foe who's rocking in the lists since last 30 years was out there in action? Due to my own medical reasons, I failed to attend to General Walker's Funeral. He was given a full honors funeral as his death was termed as a K.I.A for the World Wide Public? Blood falls cold when I hear of it every single time as he was one hell of a foe I did ever have!

As I returned back to the department after this medical break, I had nearly whole of my 1st Assault squad present in injuries, unable to participate in further actions. Sure 'Apache' was sharp in her aim! Meanwhile as everyone else stood up and were just heading back to their department works......I called up for a meet meanwhile I signaled my assault troopers to gear up as Kate understood the signal with others meanwhile I said – "As we stand in honor of the fallen....Former Elite Police Senior Operator, U.S Defense Forces and Armed Service Unit's 5-star General Jonathan Walker. He lived his life reckless for a nation and a respect he held for. One hell of a legend we had to ever serve besides us....and one hell of a foe to ever I'll remember in my life. Please stand in honor for the fallen......" as the department stood in honor for him in his memory of respect and service.