Chapter 23

Ace's pov:

"Let's go!" I shouted to my group of men as we loaded into our trucks.

I preferred to ride with more style. Me, Giovanni, Veto and Jace rode in our own cars.

Gio and I took my black Lamborghini Aventador and Jace and Veto took Jace's orange one.

All this over one stupid girl?

Absolutely insane.

But she's part of our family now and we don't leave family behind.

No matter what.

Tessa's pov:

I awoke to screaming.

Screaming that, for what felt like years, was finally not my own.

Bullets.

Guns.

I could make out those noises as I began to regain my consciousness.

And voices.

Male voices.

They were yelling.

"Where is she?!"

"Tell us for god sake!"

There were no replies.

Just screaming.

And bullets.

And the sound of what I believed to be their bodies, taking their last breath and falling to the floor.

Their pain was gone.

And in that moment, I envied those who were lying dead on the floor.

Painless and free.

"Tessa." Rasping breathing called out to me and I searched the darkness for the face that the voice came from.

"It's Ace. We need to get you out of here."

My breathing was now going raspy as I felt Ace free me from the chains I had been kept in for months.

"Leave me alone." I tried to muster out but my voice was weak and it came out as barely a whisper.

"Lets go." He carried my bruised, weak, half-dressed body bridal-style out of the dungeon.

Outside my cell it was full of horrors.

Dead people scattered the floor and blood was smeared everywhere.

I let my body go limp as Ace carried me to his car and set me in the front seat.

He made a call and hopped in the car without another word.

Almost an hour into our drive he finally spoke as his knuckles clenched the steering wheel.

"What did they do?" He gritted out with bare teeth.

"They told me you wanted to kill me. The abused me day after day. They forced me to kill innocent people. Children." I looked out the window at the scenery that was now almost foreign to me.

"I'm glad we killed them." He forced out, before adding, "And we don't kill our own, Tessa."

"I know but-"

I was cut of by blinding lights heading towards us.

I didn't know what was more deafening, the sound of the cars colliding or the silence that followed suit.

*********

A/N

did i have this planned for three weeks?

yes

did i know how to write it?

no.

so did i then be super mean and take weeks off to think about it?

also yes and i'm sorry.

Kidnapped by the MafiaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara