Chapter 16

"Tessa, there may have been a slight misunderstanding...." Giovanni stood scratching the back of his neck as he lent on my door frame.

"Misunderstanding, sir?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I'm not the boss. I was filling in and I didn't mean to take it so seriously but you came and you acted like I was and-"

"I'm back assholes!" I heard a shout cutting off Giovanni from downstairs.

"What the fu-" Was I dreaming?

"Yeah.... he's kinda the boss. But I'm his nice second-in-command." He smiled without a look of pity in his eyes for once.

"Gio we need to start training our new recruits." A new man stepped into my room and damn was he hot.

He had tattoos poking out of his white button up shirt and his hair slicked back. he had on. dress pants and there wasn't a single emotion in his eyes.

"And who might this be?" He asked referring to me as he pulled out a lighter from his pocket.

"Paul's daughter." Gio whispered but it was still audible to me.

"Mmm." He seemed almost surprised but you had to look close to see it. "That's nice..... get her out of here in an hour."

"W-" I cut Gio off before he could finish anything.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? I'm not going anywhere. Fuck, I don't have anywhere to go anyway."

I have no clue where my braveness came from, especially near a fucking mafia boss, must be the new drugs.

He smirked and stalked quickly towards me, grabbing my throat.

I could still breathe but he was pressing on bruises putting me in pain.

He bent his lips down to my ears, gently skimming them.

"Don't ever talk to me like that again."

He let me go and walked out of the room. "Fine, she can stay but she'll work as a maid and if she gets in our business, I won't fail to shoot her in the head."

Suddenly he paused as if he forgot something.

"Oh and send up Brittany for me, I need some... releasing." He continued walking until I heard a door slam near by.

"I'm sorry about Ace. He's just a dick." Gio shrugged, "Oh and stop calling me sir and shit. I'm Gio."

"Thanks, uh, Gio. But why are you so nice to me when everyone around here are dicks."

He chuckled and pulled out his own cigarette. "Well first off I'm nice and I'm also gay so-"

"Wait, you're gay?!" I asked shocked.

"Well, technically, bisexual but I have a preference for guys."

"I've always wanted a gay best friend." I smiled.

"Well now you've got me." He laughed and walked out of the room also.

Sorry for short chapter.

Haha yall thought Gio was gonna be the love interest. Surprise bitches.

Cast will be posted as well