25: lacey

First, I was confused. Then, I was afraid. I don't want to lose my best friend because of a stupid kiss. Now, I'm angry.

"Dean, I swear to god if you don't open this door, I'm going to call the bloody fire department to break this door down. I have your Lieutenant's phone number and he will come open this for me." I yell, knocking incessantly on the door.

This is why you don't have guy friends. Sure, you can be physically attracted to them, but that doesn't mean you're going to kiss them. Kissing ruins friendships. The friendship he was clear all he wanted.

Men suck.

"Dean!"

I'm pretty sure his neighbors think I'm a crazy lady, knocking on his door at nine p.m. on a Friday night. Except I know he's home and ignoring me. He's been off shift since this morning so he can't even use the excuse that he's exhausted. I know him well enough that he would have slept all day. There's a chance that Dean is at the bar, but odds are he's here.

Cassidy has been doing her best to be Switzerland, but I never told her what actually happened and she never asked. Dean probably told her, yet I also know that he's great at keeping secrets.

"Yo-You asshole," I swear and the door finally opens to reveal a half-naked Linc.

"Who is an asshole?" He asks quite confused and I storm past him.

"Your roommate is an asshole."

I walk quickly across the apartment, ignoring the fatigue I feel from all the knocking, yelling, and now this. Fatigue doesn't get to control my anger right now. "What the fuck is wrong with you," I say, opening Dean's bedroom door with zero hesitation.

Probably would have been a good idea to hesitate because he just got out of the shower and has a towel tied hanging very low on his hips. "What are you doing here?" He asks in shock. Don't look, stay on track, yell at him!

"I'm here because you don't just get to kiss me and blow me off! You jackass!" I yell, firmly putting my hands on my hips.

"Can I have a second to get dressed before we hash this out?"

"No. Maybe I would have given you a second to get dressed if it hasn't almost been a fucking week since we've spoken or even seen each other."

He looks at me and shakes his head, "Suit yourself. Enjoy the view."

"Excuse me?" I ask dumbly and then he drops his towel to get dressed. "Dean what the hell!" I exclaim, covering my eyes quickly with my hands. Didn't exactly plan on seeing Dean in the nude tonight.

"You were the one that said you weren't going to give me a chance to get dressed. Deal with the consequences."

My jaw drops because all I do is deal with consequences. I do nothing else, he just has no idea. "You are a literal child," I grumble waiting until I'm certain he has to be dressed.

"Really? Who is the one barging into rooms without knocking?" Dean asks, pulling a shirt over his head.

"Because you're an asshole who thinks it's okay to kiss someone and then avoid them like the plague until they barge into a room without knocking. Maybe I would have knocked if I thought you'd answer the door."

"Will you stop cursing at me?"

"Will you stop fucking avoiding me?"

I honestly cannot remember the last time I was this angry at someone. Maybe I haven't ever been this angry before. I also don't think I've ever swore this much in a ten minute span. I watch how Dean's jaw clenches, "Lacey what do you want me to say?"