⚜ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12⚜

•✧•

Hope is just like,

Dreaming in Daylight

He promised he'd stay alive, that against all hope he'd never give up and he swore it. Ray forced his body to shakily get up as he panted heavily. Gritting his teeth in frustration as your voice echoed in his mind.

"Promise me you'll come back"

Ray intended to keep that promise, as he continued to push himself up the Leader and the pursuers stared as they make their way towards him.

"Give Up"

Like hell, he would! That was when the sound of galloping could be heard, and before Ray knew it he was suddenly hoisted up the ground as a deep unfamiliar voice rang out.

"Come up!"

Before Ray could process the situation, he was pulled up towards the hooded figure as they quickly got away from the pursuers and the Leader who too were surprised. Furious at this the Leader look at the others and shouted.

"GO!!!"

Without a second to waste, the pursuers quickly ran to follow behind Ray and the hooded stranger that rescued him. As they were quickly closing to the two of them, the hooded figure pulled out some unknown trinket that he quickly threw behind.

They quickly release smoke which startled the pursuers, before they knew it everything was covered with the unknown smoke and as they ran past through it, they were met with nothing.

"Nothing here!!"

"Where are they!?!"

The Leader quickly punches the tree beside him as he was informed of what happened, glaring at his subordinates.

"How could you allow them to escape?"

"It's that...we've lost their scent because of that smoke" One of the pursuers spoke up which only made the Leader glare at him harsher.

"Then use your eyes!! Surely they must have left prints or tracks of some sort! Should you be unable to find even that, then locate the rest of the children" The Leader stated as he looks at each of them.

"81194 was likely lying about their deaths. Some are bound to remain."

The Leader stares off through the forest, to think there would be intruders at a place like this. He may now know whence they came but he will slaughter them into pieces. The grip on his spear tightens as the rage inside him slowly starts to burn.

"They must be recovered" The Leader said.

Not only Ray or more known to the demon as 81194 but the others as well. Be that they were living children or corpses. They are all the property of the Plantation and the Leader will track them and get what belongs to them.

In his rage, he lifted up his spear that he had been gripping tightly and in a swift motion, he cut down the thick tree that was right next to him in half.

•✧•

The galloping sounds seem to be muffled as Ray's mind swirled, he was plopped down on the mount of the hooded rider as they continue to move towards somewhere. Where were they going? And in what direction?

Ray blink once and twice as he fought the tiredness that seems to get to him, he glances at the stranger at him as questions filled in his mind.

Who was this? Was he an ally? Why did he save him? This couldn't be Minerva...